I44 Question - MG42

How do I get the MG42 gunner to drop his tripod and use the weapon?

--

Favorite films of 2004....

Butterfly Effect

Hell Boy

The Day After Tomorrow

The normal procedure would be :

6 - weapon tripod
6 - drop tripod

Doesn't this work?

--
-
Jan van Zanten, aka NedFox <TZW>
> How do I get the MG42 gunner to drop his tripod and use the weapon?
>

> --
>

> Favorite films of 2004....
>

> Butterfly Effect
>

> Hell Boy
>

> The Day After Tomorrow

> The normal procedure would be :
>
> 6 - weapon tripod
> 6 - drop tripod
>
> Doesn't this work?

Naw. There is not option for it in the "6" action menu.

I'm playing that Fallschirmjager mission, but my MG42 gunner walks around
with his MG42 fully extended (looks stupid). If he lays down, he just looks
like he's laying under the tripod and MG42.

I used the mission editor to find out how to do it, but as I ran around as a
MG42 gunner, I had the tripod on top of me like that too--and when I hit the
left mouse button to "fire", the MG would fire--way up there over my head.
I can't swivel the gun on the tripod, and it doesn't shoot in the direction
I'm looking.

Smells like a bug. Can't find much about this on the net though.

I thought if I could get the guy to set the MG down, then use it, I'd be in
good shape. I can't even get him to drop it though.

i remember this from a while ago when i had the I44 mod. there should
be an option when u press "6" with him selected to deploy the tripod.
i think thats how i did it but it was a long time ago.

"Communique" <Communique@NOSPAMev1.net> wrote in message news:<10cngsajja2r7cc@corp.supernews.com>...
> > The normal procedure would be :
> >
> > 6 - weapon tripod
> > 6 - drop tripod
> >
> > Doesn't this work?
>
> Naw. There is not option for it in the "6" action menu.
>
> I'm playing that Fallschirmjager mission, but my MG42 gunner walks around
> with his MG42 fully extended (looks stupid). If he lays down, he just looks
> like he's laying under the tripod and MG42.
>
> I used the mission editor to find out how to do it, but as I ran around as a
> MG42 gunner, I had the tripod on top of me like that too--and when I hit the
> left mouse button to "fire", the MG would fire--way up there over my head.
> I can't swivel the gun on the tripod, and it doesn't shoot in the direction
> I'm looking.
>
> Smells like a bug. Can't find much about this on the net though.
>
> I thought if I could get the guy to set the MG down, then use it, I'd be in
> good shape. I can't even get him to drop it though.

> i remember this from a while ago when i had the I44 mod. there should
> be an option when u press "6" with him selected to deploy the tripod.
> i think thats how i did it but it was a long time ago.

Unfortunately, there's no option. If you remember this, could it be that
others had the same problem?

"Communique" <Communique@NOSPAMev1.net> wrote in message news:<10cotfamo1jkm22@corp.supernews.com>...

> Unfortunately, there's no option. If you remember this, could it be that
> others had the same problem?

r u trying to use it in the single player mission? i played the
mission where u have to set up mg's and i told the men with the
tripods to deploy them with the 6 command action thing. i tried them
out in the mission editor with me being a commander and having an
assistant mg and a machine gunner in my team but this didnt work. i
think u need a certain script or something. ill have a look into it.

> > Unfortunately, there's no option. If you remember this, could it be
that
> > others had the same problem?
>

> r u trying to use it in the single player mission? i played the
> mission where u have to set up mg's and i told the men with the
> tripods to deploy them with the 6 command action thing. i tried them
> out in the mission editor with me being a commander and having an
> assistant mg and a machine gunner in my team but this didnt work. i
> think u need a certain script or something. ill have a look into it.

It is a SP mission called "Fallschirmjager".

"Communique" <Communique@NOSPAMev1.net> wrote in message news:<10cshi18bff82ad@corp.supernews.com>...

> It is a SP mission called "Fallschirmjager".

no the 1 i was talking about is called "mg ambush" i think. it comes
with the 1.2 version of i44

> > It is a SP mission called "Fallschirmjager".
>

> no the 1 i was talking about is called "mg ambush" i think. it comes
> with the 1.2 version of i44

Try using the mission editor, but select the German infantry Fallschirmjager
LMG gunner. He's one of the I44: Men choices. You'll see what I mean.

Communique wrote:

> It is a SP mission called "Fallschirmjager".

I always ask myself what a "jager" (or "soldner" for that matter) is
supposed to be. It's written jäger and söldner actually, you can also
write it as jaeger and soeldner. But instead of taking one of the two
correct forms the english speaking people invent a third and wrong form
for those words. But i guess complaining won't help... so accept this
as kind of trivia...
cu,

Markus

> It is a SP mission called "Fallschirmjager".

I always ask myself what a "jager" (or "soldner" for that matter) is
supposed to be. It's written jäger and söldner actually, you can also
write it as jaeger and soeldner. But instead of taking one of the two
correct forms the english speaking people invent a third and wrong form
for those words. But i guess complaining won't help... so accept this
as kind of trivia...

Whell, Mark-hus, (spits chewin' bacca into a tin). Wes here in de states
call it jay-ger, and I assume a jay-ger is a boy that cain't walk straight.
Ya know, bowlegged. And, he crosses the street without stayin' betwixt the
lines, boy. Ya know, one of dem jay-wakers.

Of course, writing "jager" with those two little dealys over the "a" would
mean that I'd have to take time to find that special key combination to make
that special character on my US English keyboard, and making those two
little dots just wasn't that important to me.