samsung i730

a b Ô Samsung
July 7, 2005 7:58:44 PM

I just talked to a rep a the local verizon dealer and the i730 doesn't have
a camera in it.

I saw pictures of one that did.

Anyone know what's going on with it?

More about : samsung i730

Anonymous
a b Ô Samsung
July 8, 2005 7:16:21 PM

They are available online or via their telesales. I'd recommend trying to
order online. I went through an unspeakable ordeal (that included a $100
overcharge) from one of the telesales team.

Anyway, I've got the unit now - so Verizon has them available - at least to
the east coast.
"Official launch date was 7/8" but I got my unit via FedEx yesterday 7/7.

"Chance Hopkins" <chance_hopkins@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:o D5iO3ygFHA.572@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
>I just talked to a rep a the local verizon dealer and the i730 doesn't have
>a camera in it.
>
> I saw pictures of one that did.
>
> Anyone know what's going on with it?

Anonymous
a b Ô Samsung
July 9, 2005 9:33:59 AM

Does the back of yours look like this:

http://www.mobileburn.com/media/samsung/sch-i730/sch-i7...

"ThereIsNoTry" <nospam@spamless.spa> wrote in message
> They are available online or via their telesales. I'd recommend trying to
> order online. I went through an unspeakable ordeal (that included a $100
> overcharge) from one of the telesales team.
>
> Anyway, I've got the unit now - so Verizon has them available - at least
> to the east coast.
> "Official launch date was 7/8" but I got my unit via FedEx yesterday 7/7.
>

> "Chance Hopkins" <chance_hopkins@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> news:o D5iO3ygFHA.572@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
>>I just talked to a rep a the local verizon dealer and the i730 doesn't
>>have a camera in it.
>>
>> I saw pictures of one that did.
>>
>> Anyone know what's going on with it?

a b Ô Samsung
July 10, 2005 1:33:05 PM

No. It the model in your image seems to have a camera. On mine, in there is
a cover of the shape of the camera area that says "MITS Mobile Intelligent
Terminal"

The rest is basically the same.

> Does the back of yours look like this:
>
> http://www.mobileburn.com/media/samsung/sch-i730/sch-i7...
>

> "ThereIsNoTry" <nospam@spamless.spa> wrote in message
>> They are available online or via their telesales. I'd recommend trying
>> to order online. I went through an unspeakable ordeal (that included a
>> $100 overcharge) from one of the telesales team.
>>
>> Anyway, I've got the unit now - so Verizon has them available - at least
>> to the east coast.
>> "Official launch date was 7/8" but I got my unit via FedEx yesterday 7/7.
>>

>> "Chance Hopkins" <chance_hopkins@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> news:o D5iO3ygFHA.572@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
>>>I just talked to a rep a the local verizon dealer and the i730 doesn't
>>>have a camera in it.
>>>
>>> I saw pictures of one that did.
>>>
>>> Anyone know what's going on with it?

Anonymous
a b Ô Samsung
July 10, 2005 4:49:06 PM

> No. It the model in your image seems to have a camera. On mine, in there
> is a cover of the shape of the camera area that says "MITS Mobile
> Intelligent Terminal"
>
> The rest is basically the same.

Ok, thx. I called verizon and talked at length with a couple "technical
supervisors" although no one seems to have any clue as to what I'm talking
about.

I ran across a post somewhere on a ppc forum that says the camera model will
be out in 6-8 weeks, but who knows how accurate that is.

> "Chance Hopkins" <chance_hopkins@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Does the back of yours look like this:
>>
>> http://www.mobileburn.com/media/samsung/sch-i730/sch-i7...
>>

>> "ThereIsNoTry" <nospam@spamless.spa> wrote in message
>>> They are available online or via their telesales. I'd recommend trying
>>> to order online. I went through an unspeakable ordeal (that included a
>>> $100 overcharge) from one of the telesales team.
>>>
>>> Anyway, I've got the unit now - so Verizon has them available - at least
>>> to the east coast.
>>> "Official launch date was 7/8" but I got my unit via FedEx yesterday
>>> 7/7.
>>>

>>> "Chance Hopkins" <chance_hopkins@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>> news:o D5iO3ygFHA.572@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...

Anonymous
a b Ô Samsung
July 10, 2005 5:35:02 PM

I just talked to a rep a the local verizon dealer and the i730 doesn't have
a camera in it.

I saw pictures of one that did.

Anyone know what's going on with it?

It is said that there is going to be two versions of i730. One with a 1.3MP camera and one without any camera. Source

a b Ô Samsung
July 11, 2005 1:11:37 PM

Only 1.3mp? I thought that Samsung was the manufacturer that was putting
3.0mp cameras in their phones?

"ad241" <salauddinayyubi-at-hotmail-dot-com.no-spam> wrote in message
>I just talked to a rep a the local verizon dealer and the i730 doesn't have
> a camera in it.
>
> I saw pictures of one that did.
>
> Anyone know what's going on with it?
>

> It is said that there is going to be two versions of i730. One with a
> 1.3MP camera and one without any camera. Source
>
> Posted via MoDaCo, the definitive Microsoft Smartphone community, now
> supporting all Windows Powered Mobile Devices @ http://www.MoDaCo.com

Anonymous
a b Ô Samsung
July 14, 2005 4:09:34 PM

Hey Chance:

I got this link from a response to another post on another newsgroup....

http://www.pdaphonehome.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?s=7...

So far, it's the best online resource for i730 info.

Hope this helps.

chris*

!