Quake & Starcraft Games Can't Be Played On Other Than Admi..

Hi All,
I'm sure this problem has been addressed before, but I am new to newsgroups.
I have installed the 2 games listed in the subject, but they can't be played
in "limited accounts" but only in one with "administrator priveleges." I've
heard that there is a fix for this. Could someone out there reply to this
posting with the procedure for doing so??

Thanks,
Stu

Hi Stu,

I cover this here:
http://rickrogers.org/xpsware.htm

Focus on the part about assigning permissions, as that is the likely problem
here.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"Stuart Rovin" <stuart.rovin@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
> Hi All,
> I'm sure this problem has been addressed before, but I am new to
> newsgroups. I have installed the 2 games listed in the subject, but they
> can't be played in "limited accounts" but only in one with "administrator
> priveleges." I've heard that there is a fix for this. Could someone out
> there reply to this posting with the procedure for doing so??
>
> Thanks,
> Stu

galen

Distinguished
May 24, 2004

In news:7nZ7e.2793$t85.2331@newssvr21.news.prodigy.com,
Stuart Rovin <stuart.rovin@sbcglobal.net> had this to say:

> Hi All,
> I'm sure this problem has been addressed before, but I am new to
> newsgroups. I have installed the 2 games listed in the subject, but
> they can't be played in "limited accounts" but only in one with
> "administrator priveleges." I've heard that there is a fix for this.
> Could someone out there reply to this posting with the procedure for
> doing so??
> Thanks,
> Stu

The easiest way is to right click the executable itself and select "Run As"
and then enter in the account for an admin along with the appropriate
password.

That's the fastest and easiest way that I can think of at any rate.

Galen