qwazzy

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2006
I need an XP version for my new build. Do I need upgrade r full? I would like to need the upgrade but I don't have any Windows system on that comp. I do, however, on the Dell but it is asking for another key than the one thats provided so I need a key.

Jonny813

Distinguished
Sep 19, 2006
You will need the Full OEM. I just recently fell into this problem when someone lost my full version CD of XP Home. I had a copy of XP but it was a dell issued but I found that out AFTER the install and the code screen poped up. Windows was somewhat loaded so I just went **** it, lets try to load the Upgrade. Loaded, worked.... but something is very corrupted I found out. Takes a LONG time to boot windows, ~5 minutes and just as long from clicking Shut Down, to get the option to Restart, Shut Down, and Log off.

Don't try it, just get the Full OEM. I was fortunate enough through my work they have an account with www.atomicpark.com and I got Full Windows XP Pro for $132... paid $140 for 2nd day shipping.

qwazzy

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2006
You will need the Full OEM. I just recently fell into this problem when someone lost my full version CD of XP Home. I had a copy of XP but it was a dell issued but I found that out AFTER the install and the code screen poped up. Windows was somewhat loaded so I just went **** it, lets try to load the Upgrade. Loaded, worked.... but something is very corrupted I found out. Takes a LONG time to boot windows, ~5 minutes and just as long from clicking Shut Down, to get the option to Restart, Shut Down, and Log off.

Don't try it, just get the Full OEM. I was fortunate enough through my work they have an account with www.atomicpark.com and I got Full Windows XP Pro for $132... paid $140 for 2nd day shipping.

I got XP Pro x64 for testing for 180 days until Vista. Thanks for clearing it up though :p