breeze812

Distinguished
Jun 12, 2006
I seem to have some java issues that I can't figure out.
I run Win XP Pro SP2.
I have java runtime installed with the current .06 version.
All use to be fine.

Recently both Yahoo and MSN messengers are not working. Both will open and allow me to sign in. I get the main screen with my contacts listed.... and then both programs will either freeze or just go blank (white window)
I thought this might be a java problem. I uninstalled both messengers and then reinstalled. Same issue.
I uninstalled java and reinstalled it... same issue.
I also found a website which does a java based broadcast of some online racing. I use to be able to watch. Now, Firefox will not open the broadcast window... and IE will open it, but then the window closes itself.
And I now see that Outlook opens, but loads up inbox folder VERY slow...as in several minutes.

All other programs appear to run fine.

Any thoughts?

All drivers are up to date...including bios

System specs:

AMD 64 X2 4800
MSI Diamond Plus mobo
1gb Corsair XMS
4 WD drives in 2 Raid 0 arrays
2 eVGA 6800GS 256 vid cards in SLI

CHEEZball

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2006
Weird... never heard of anything like that and my searching is turning up zero results :*(

Have you done a good cleanup? Virus Scan, Spyware, etc??

Perhaps, if possible, do a system restore to a known good point before all this started?

breeze812

Distinguished
Jun 12, 2006
Yea... I haven't found any help yet either.
I run Kaspersky and Zero Spyware generally. And I've run Anti-Trojan, O&O Defrag and System Mechanic.

Seems to only effect things which use some Java....... Sometimes these programs will freeze up also, or 'white window' if they are open and I open anything 'on top' of them...... ABC Bit Torrent and Limewire.

But gamse and other apps have no issues....... BF2, Prey, Quake4, Oblivion, Photoshop, 3dMax, Word, Excell.

I noticed a problem like this with Limewire some time back, but it affected nothing else at the time. Back then, I uninstalled Limewire and Java.... and the4n reinstalled both and seemed cured.... for a time. At that time, I was running a single core AMD 3200.... so I am not thinking it is related to this dual core 4800.
Something with XP or Java.... but can't figure it.