Cannot display images on some sites

Hello

I am using Win XP Svc Pack 2 on DELL 2.2Ghz, 512 Mb RAM

When I surfed to some sites eg the Time magazine site, the images are not
displayed, but only placeholders for these images.
I have checked that my IE v6 options are set to Display Pictures.

Odd thing is that on other sites with images, it is OK and the pictures are
displayed.

I thought it was my Antivirus software (Trend's PC Pen Cillin 05, AVG) that
messe things up, but disabling all the AV programs and rebooting does not
solve the problem. Grateful for your advice. Thks
1 answer Last reply
More about cannot display images sites

    Hi,

    Pictures Are Not Displayed on Web Sites in Internet Explorer
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=283807

    --
    Best of Luck,

    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
    Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

    "Jimmy Hsu" <xurumeng@singnet.com.sg> wrote in message
    > Hello
    >
    > I am using Win XP Svc Pack 2 on DELL 2.2Ghz, 512 Mb RAM
    >
    > When I surfed to some sites eg the Time magazine site, the images are not
    > displayed, but only placeholders for these images.
    > I have checked that my IE v6 options are set to Display Pictures.
    >
    > Odd thing is that on other sites with images, it is OK and the pictures
    > are displayed.
    >
    > I thought it was my Antivirus software (Trend's PC Pen Cillin 05, AVG)
    > that messe things up, but disabling all the AV programs and rebooting does
    > not solve the problem. Grateful for your advice. Thks

Windows XP Displays