Cannot install XP Pro

April 16, 2005 6:26:33 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

I am having problems trying to install XP Pro, I finally got it but it does
not load. My computer meets the requirements. It installs normally, at the
end it reboots and starts without CD-ROM, it shows the XP screen then starts
up by going to pale blue screen where it says with an hourglass in the
middle of the screen.

Any ideas?

Thanks Bruce

More about : install pro

Anonymous
April 16, 2005 2:12:47 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

Hi Bruce

Was this an upgrade from a previous version of Windows or a 'Clean' install
of XP? What kind of XP CD have you got - Retail, OEM?

--

Will Denny
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

"Bruce" <blaray@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:o Dzv83lQFHA.1884@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
>I am having problems trying to install XP Pro, I finally got it but it does
>not load. My computer meets the requirements. It installs normally, at the
>end it reboots and starts without CD-ROM, it shows the XP screen then
>starts up by going to pale blue screen where it says with an hourglass in
>the middle of the screen.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Thanks Bruce
April 17, 2005 12:43:06 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

Sorry about that

The computer originally had Windows 98 on it but it was trashed. I installed
2 used hard drives, 20 & 40 GB.

I wanted to put 2 more O\S's on the one & the other use for backups or
whatever.

The CD's I have are 1 retail & one volume copy from our college.

Thanks

> Hi Bruce
>
> Was this an upgrade from a previous version of Windows or a 'Clean'
> install of XP? What kind of XP CD have you got - Retail, OEM?
>
> --
>
> Will Denny
> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
> Please reply to the News Groups
>

> "Bruce" <blaray@gmail.com> wrote in message
> news:o Dzv83lQFHA.1884@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
>>I am having problems trying to install XP Pro, I finally got it but it
>>does not load. My computer meets the requirements. It installs normally,
>>at the end it reboots and starts without CD-ROM, it shows the XP screen
>>then starts up by going to pale blue screen where it says with an
>>hourglass in the middle of the screen.
>>
>> Any ideas?
>>
>> Thanks Bruce

Anonymous
April 17, 2005 3:16:36 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

Try running a barebones install. Pull all unnecessary cards and unplug
peripherals. See that works. Hardware incompatibility can cause this.

--

Harry Ohrn MS-MVP [Shell/User]
www.webtree.ca/windowsxp

!