Cannot install XP Pro

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

I am having problems trying to install XP Pro, I finally got it but it does
not load. My computer meets the requirements. It installs normally, at the
end it reboots and starts without CD-ROM, it shows the XP screen then starts
up by going to pale blue screen where it says with an hourglass in the
middle of the screen.

Any ideas?

Thanks Bruce
3 answers Last reply
More about cannot install
  1. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

    Hi Bruce

    Was this an upgrade from a previous version of Windows or a 'Clean' install
    of XP? What kind of XP CD have you got - Retail, OEM?

    --

    Will Denny
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    "Bruce" <blaray@gmail.com> wrote in message
    >I am having problems trying to install XP Pro, I finally got it but it does
    >not load. My computer meets the requirements. It installs normally, at the
    >end it reboots and starts without CD-ROM, it shows the XP screen then
    >starts up by going to pale blue screen where it says with an hourglass in
    >the middle of the screen.
    >
    > Any ideas?
    >
    > Thanks Bruce
  2. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

    Sorry about that

    The computer originally had Windows 98 on it but it was trashed. I installed
    2 used hard drives, 20 & 40 GB.

    I wanted to put 2 more O\S's on the one & the other use for backups or
    whatever.

    The CD's I have are 1 retail & one volume copy from our college.

    Thanks

    > Hi Bruce
    >
    > Was this an upgrade from a previous version of Windows or a 'Clean'
    > install of XP? What kind of XP CD have you got - Retail, OEM?
    >
    > --
    >
    > Will Denny
    > MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
    > Please reply to the News Groups
    >

    > "Bruce" <blaray@gmail.com> wrote in message
    >>I am having problems trying to install XP Pro, I finally got it but it
    >>does not load. My computer meets the requirements. It installs normally,
    >>at the end it reboots and starts without CD-ROM, it shows the XP screen
    >>then starts up by going to pale blue screen where it says with an
    >>hourglass in the middle of the screen.
    >>
    >> Any ideas?
    >>
    >> Thanks Bruce

  3. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

    Try running a barebones install. Pull all unnecessary cards and unplug
    peripherals. See that works. Hardware incompatibility can cause this.

    --

    Harry Ohrn MS-MVP [Shell/User]
    www.webtree.ca/windowsxp

    "Bruce" <blaray@gmail.com> wrote in message
    > I am having problems trying to install XP Pro, I finally got it but it
    does
    > not load. My computer meets the requirements. It installs normally, at the
    > end it reboots and starts without CD-ROM, it shows the XP screen then
    starts
    > up by going to pale blue screen where it says with an hourglass in the
    > middle of the screen.
    >
    > Any ideas?
    >
    > Thanks Bruce

Microsoft Customization Windows XP