What's up with PBS (chan. 8) in Phoenix ??

There's no signal on 8-1 or 8-2 for a few days now.

And a rescan gets another (new?) PBS channel 6-1,... 6-5, but much
weaker signal strength.
4 answers Last reply
More about what chan phoenix

    In article <031120041519464234%Denny_Crane@not.here>, Denny Crane
    <Denny_Crane@not.here> wrote:

    > There's no signal on 8-1 or 8-2 for a few days now.
    >
    > And a rescan gets another (new?) PBS channel 6-1,... 6-5, but much
    > weaker signal strength.

    Looks like it's my Wal-Mart / US Digital HD Tuner that's messed up.
    It's losing channels and not finding them back. Will have to look for a
    full reset option...

    On Fri, 05 Nov 2004 14:58:11 -0700, Denny Crane <Denny_Crane@not.here>
    wrote:

    >In article <031120041519464234%Denny_Crane@not.here>, Denny Crane
    ><Denny_Crane@not.here> wrote:
    >
    >> There's no signal on 8-1 or 8-2 for a few days now.
    >>
    >> And a rescan gets another (new?) PBS channel 6-1,... 6-5, but much
    >> weaker signal strength.
    >
    >Looks like it's my Wal-Mart / US Digital HD Tuner that's messed up.
    >It's losing channels and not finding them back. Will have to look for a
    >full reset option...

    Please let me know if you find one...

    I sent email to their support address, asking about a full reset.
    I got the mail back, as they had internally auto-forwarded it
    to a non-existant mailbox.

    --
    - Lee

    I have the Dish 811 hd receiver. It occasionally looses some or all
    the HD channels (black screen). I called and was told to hold in the
    off button for about 4 or 5 seconds. In about 30 seconds a message
    comes up on the tv screen saying its restoring the picture. It only
    goofs up when I quick switch channels in different directions.

    Just thinking yours may be different. Could be you have to press two
    buttons? Unplug it from the wall for a minute then re-plug may do the
    trick.

    hdtvfan

    On Fri, 05 Nov 2004 19:43:38 -0500, Lee Lindquist <no@2.spam> wrote:

    >On Fri, 05 Nov 2004 14:58:11 -0700, Denny Crane <Denny_Crane@not.here>
    >wrote:
    >
    >>In article <031120041519464234%Denny_Crane@not.here>, Denny Crane
    >><Denny_Crane@not.here> wrote:
    >>
    >>> There's no signal on 8-1 or 8-2 for a few days now.
    >>>
    >>> And a rescan gets another (new?) PBS channel 6-1,... 6-5, but much
    >>> weaker signal strength.
    >>
    >>Looks like it's my Wal-Mart / US Digital HD Tuner that's messed up.
    >>It's losing channels and not finding them back. Will have to look for a
    >>full reset option...
    >
    >Please let me know if you find one...
    >
    >I sent email to their support address, asking about a full reset.
    >I got the mail back, as they had internally auto-forwarded it
    >to a non-existant mailbox.

    I called US Digital and they told me to unplug it for 10 seconds then
    add the digital station channel number. And it worked ! Before, I
    was trying to add the local analog channel number...which didn't work.

    btw, the digital channels can be found with TitanTV.com or
    AntennaWeb.org

    In article <pm4po0trct5l761o43u195hi50laeor2j0@4ax.com>, hdtvfan
    <hdtvfan@echolink.com> wrote:

    > I have the Dish 811 hd receiver. It occasionally looses some or all
    > the HD channels (black screen). I called and was told to hold in the
    > off button for about 4 or 5 seconds. In about 30 seconds a message
    > comes up on the tv screen saying its restoring the picture. It only
    > goofs up when I quick switch channels in different directions.
    >
    > Just thinking yours may be different. Could be you have to press two
    > buttons? Unplug it from the wall for a minute then re-plug may do the
    > trick.
    >
    > hdtvfan
    >
    > On Fri, 05 Nov 2004 19:43:38 -0500, Lee Lindquist <no@2.spam> wrote:
    >
    > >On Fri, 05 Nov 2004 14:58:11 -0700, Denny Crane <Denny_Crane@not.here>
    > >wrote:

    > >>Looks like it's my Wal-Mart / US Digital HD Tuner that's messed up.
    > >>It's losing channels and not finding them back. Will have to look for a
    > >>full reset option...
    > >
    > >Please let me know if you find one...
    > >
    > >I sent email to their support address, asking about a full reset.
    > >I got the mail back, as they had internally auto-forwarded it
    > >to a non-existant mailbox.

HDTV TV Phoenix Home Theatre