Upgrading to New PC urgent Help required!!!

iSt-Karma

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2007
Hi, i am upgrading to a new pc as soon as i find all the components i want. I was initialy thinking of getting the core2duo E6600 but then heard about AMDS new line of processors coming out in 2007 3Quater so i decided to scrap that.

I want to go with a AMD am2 X2 and then later in the year upgrade now i need to know is the extra cost on the 5600+ from the 5200+ a realy big noticable difference cause its like 2/3 of the price.

Now i also am a ATI fanboi so i am waiting ont the R600 so i need a MOBO with onboard grafix that is realy good or are mobos with onboard grafix all crap?

adnoto

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2007
I want to go with a AMD am2 X2 and then later in the year upgrade now i need to know is the extra cost on the 5600+ from the 5200+ a realy big noticable difference cause its like 2/3 of the price.

Now i also am a ATI fanboi so i am waiting ont the R600 so i need a MOBO with onboard grafix that is realy good or are mobos with onboard grafix all crap?

I do not know the benchmark differences between the two chips but just based on your statement that you are (or might) go with a next gen AMD CPU in Q3, I would get the 5200 if I were you. Heck if it was me I would get a 4200 or 4600, but I digress. All of these dual cores are faster than what most of us need anyway and I guess I just don't think you will notice a big difference between the 5200 and 5600. But again I have not seen the benchmarks.

As for the IGP boards... It depends on what you need them for. Basic office apps no problem - modern gaming no way. For today's games on-board graphics are indeed pretty much worthless.

If you are looking for something to hold you over though I think the consensus so far is that the new boards with the new 690G are as good as, if not better than, any other IGP chipset out at this moment. I have been considering the Biostar TA690G myself. But realize that even these new chipsets won't run most modern games at all and the ones they will run would be at the lowest possible settings for the most part.

jeepn

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2006
First find out what your budget will get you... then buy the best AMD chip you can afford on your current build budget. If you want to build a new PC, just go all out now. Remember that something will always be coming out that is better. Why wait... Peace :twisted: