I AM in the XP class for my certification. The book we use is from
Microsoft Press, The Academic Learning Series for XP Professional. The book
came with a CD with prep material. One of the things on it is a test prep
question bank. The damn thing won't run on SP2! Any one have any thoughts
on this?

With as little information as you gave, I'd have to SWAG the answer.

Enable ActiveX on local media.

--
Walter Clayton

"John Baker" <johnbaker@interfold.com> wrote in message
>I AM in the XP class for my certification. The book we use is from
>Microsoft Press, The Academic Learning Series for XP Professional. The
>book came with a CD with prep material. One of the things on it is a test
>prep question bank. The damn thing won't run on SP2! Any one have any
>thoughts on this?

i have another problem: i cannot open software in controlpanel and are not
able to change or de/reinstall software.

"Walter Clayton" wrote:

> With as little information as you gave, I'd have to SWAG the answer.
>
> Enable ActiveX on local media.
>
> --
> Walter Clayton
> Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced.
>

> "John Baker" <johnbaker@interfold.com> wrote in message
> >I AM in the XP class for my certification. The book we use is from
> >Microsoft Press, The Academic Learning Series for XP Professional. The
> >book came with a CD with prep material. One of the things on it is a test
> >prep question bank. The damn thing won't run on SP2! Any one have any
> >thoughts on this?

Do start->run->appwiz.cpl. Does that bring up add/remove programs?

--
Walter Clayton

"anja" <anja@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>i have another problem: i cannot open software in controlpanel and are not
> able to change or de/reinstall software.
>
> "Walter Clayton" wrote:
>
>> With as little information as you gave, I'd have to SWAG the answer.
>>
>> Enable ActiveX on local media.
>>
>> --
>> Walter Clayton
>> Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced.
>>

>> "John Baker" <johnbaker@interfold.com> wrote in message
>> >I AM in the XP class for my certification. The book we use is from
>> >Microsoft Press, The Academic Learning Series for XP Professional. The
>> >book came with a CD with prep material. One of the things on it is a
>> >test
>> >prep question bank. The damn thing won't run on SP2! Any one have any
>> >thoughts on this?

hallo walter,
if i go to controlpanel i cannot open 'software', all the other links (user
accounts , printers and hardware ec.) are working well.

"anja" wrote:

> i have another problem: i cannot open software in controlpanel and are not
> able to change or de/reinstall software.
>
> "Walter Clayton" wrote:
>
> > With as little information as you gave, I'd have to SWAG the answer.
> >
> > Enable ActiveX on local media.
> >
> > --
> > Walter Clayton
> > Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced.
> >

> > "John Baker" <johnbaker@interfold.com> wrote in message
> > >I AM in the XP class for my certification. The book we use is from
> > >Microsoft Press, The Academic Learning Series for XP Professional. The
> > >book came with a CD with prep material. One of the things on it is a test
> > >prep question bank. The damn thing won't run on SP2! Any one have any
> > >thoughts on this?

are you logged on an administrator account or just a limited user account?

"anja" <anja@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>i have another problem: i cannot open software in controlpanel and are not
> able to change or de/reinstall software.
>
> "Walter Clayton" wrote:
>
>> With as little information as you gave, I'd have to SWAG the answer.
>>
>> Enable ActiveX on local media.
>>
>> --
>> Walter Clayton
>> Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced.
>>

>> "John Baker" <johnbaker@interfold.com> wrote in message
>> >I AM in the XP class for my certification. The book we use is from
>> >Microsoft Press, The Academic Learning Series for XP Professional. The
>> >book came with a CD with prep material. One of the things on it is a
>> >test
>> >prep question bank. The damn thing won't run on SP2! Any one have any
>> >thoughts on this?

By 'software' are you referring to add/remove programs or a different
function?

--
Walter Clayton
http://www.dts-l.org