Havok209

Distinguished
Jul 12, 2006
Ok I am having some comp problems and I would appreciate any help given. About a week or two ago I noticed some weird stuff but didn't think anything of it. Random sites that I had not visited would pop into my history such as zango.com geico.com searchadv.com and other weird shit. If I opened up my history I could see them popping in there while staying on the same page. Later on I saw ip addresses pop into the history which I thought was odd. So I tried scanning with Spybot-S&D, Ad-aware, and Mcafee and these things still showed up. Finally I was able to block them with the Mcafee firewall. But yesterday while I was using the application switcher to switch from a game to the internet I noticed the application CSRSS running. It was never on my application switch list before is this the problem? How can I fix this? any help or direction appreciated. thanks.

turpit

Splendid
Feb 12, 2006
Ok I am having some comp problems and I would appreciate any help given. About a week or two ago I noticed some weird stuff but didn't think anything of it. Random sites that I had not visited would pop into my history such as zango.com geico.com searchadv.com and other weird ****. If I opened up my history I could see them popping in there while staying on the same page. Later on I saw ip addresses pop into the history which I thought was odd. So I tried scanning with Spybot-S&D, Ad-aware, and Mcafee and these things still showed up. Finally I was able to block them with the Mcafee firewall. But yesterday while I was using the application switcher to switch from a game to the internet I noticed the application CSRSS running. It was never on my application switch list before is this the problem? How can I fix this? any help or direction appreciated. thanks.

sounds like a virus or trojan. Make sure your definitions are up to date and run a scan