Sign in with
Your question

Which is a better graphic card manufacturer : BFG, XFX ?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays

Which one ROCKS ? for a \"7600GT gpu\"

Total: 48 votes (5 blank votes)

• BFG
  • 35 %
  • XFX
  • 66 %
April 13, 2007 4:54:07 AM

there's no difference between manufacturer, the only difference will be if they are factory overlclocked.
April 13, 2007 5:22:55 AM

EVGA? :) 
Related resources
April 13, 2007 5:45:32 AM

Quote:
EVGA? :) 

:lol:  i was going to say this as well :lol: 
April 13, 2007 7:00:23 AM

I like my XFX with it's double lifetime warrantee.
April 13, 2007 7:09:33 AM

i d personally go for XFX
April 13, 2007 7:24:20 AM

The XFX card will perform slightly better,but that's only because it is clocked slightly faster than the BFG card.Both companies have been in the video card business for some time,and have loads of experience.They bothe also offer a lifetime warranty.And as far as I know,both companies seem to have adequit customer support.

Dahak

AMD X2-4400+@2.6 TOLEDO
EVGA NF4 SLI MB
2X EVGA 7950GT KO IN SLI
4X 512MB CRUCIAL BALLISTIX DDR500
WD300GIG HD/SAMSUNG 250GIG HD
ACER 22IN WIDESCREEN LCD 1600X1200
THERMALTAKE TOUGHPOWER 850WATT PSU
COOLERMASTER MINI R120
3DMARK05 13,471
April 13, 2007 8:49:18 AM

Yeah I think you're right Dahak...
I could see that the XFX' memory clock and core clock is faster than BFG's for only about 4 $$ 8O
Though don't you think BFG would be better cuz its privately held in US while the XFX is a Hong-Kong company( you can see the difference, huh? :lol:  )

The last thing is I'M the MOST AGGRESSIVE HARD-CORE GAMER on this planet and the other planets !! :twisted: but I'm on budget :(  :( 
So Please put yourself in my position and tell me what to choose cuz I'm still confused and why? :?
April 13, 2007 11:36:04 AM

Hard core gamer or hard core big blue letter writer?

I voted BFG just because i've had 2 of their cards and never called techsupport (I have never owned an xfx or evga).
a b U Graphics card
April 13, 2007 12:00:18 PM

Too bad the rebate expired on the X1950GT. For $110 it would spank the 7600GT and the X1650XT making either a bad buy unless power requirements or Linux support pushed you toward the 7600GT.

For NV cards, I buy EVGA, BFG, and XFX (and Gainward before they left N. America) All of them are good.

Also, the X1900GT was $130 no rebates for weeks, and now it shot up to $159. It seems these bargains are disappearing, maybe in time for the GF8600 launch? :wink:
a b U Graphics card
April 13, 2007 12:12:22 PM

Quote:
What makes you guys go blindly with eVGA though its on the stock condition -Not Overclocked- like XFX or BFG......... :?

It's $90 AFter rebate, lifetime warranty, trade up program, and you can OC it yourself. Why spend $20-25 more for the other two?
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
April 13, 2007 12:32:51 PM

Quote:
What makes you guys go blindly with eVGA though its on the stock condition -Not Overclocked- like XFX or BFG......... :?

That's cause you chose the stock one...Here is the o'ced one. (Though only slightly) Overclock it yourself if you care that much. Evga rocks!
April 13, 2007 1:50:53 PM

Even when eVGA is OC'ed its 580 MHz Core clock and 1500 MHz memory clock for 135 $
While BFG is 580 MHz , 1450 Mhz for 110 $ (rebate)
And the faster one here is XFX xxx edition makes 590 MHz, 1600 MHz for 115$

Due to that I kick the eVGA out of the pic while the competition is still held between the BFG and XFX ..
Wouldn't BFG be more reliable cuz its a US made?
while I keep in mind that "double lifetime" of XFX ..

Note : You can realize the very small difference in price between BFG and eVGA ..Its only 5 $ 8O
April 13, 2007 2:23:40 PM

both manufacturers are good, xfx offers a free lifetime warranty on all its cards though(great for overclocked cards), dunno what bfg does in terms of warranty support but i personally have always been a fan of xfx and evga. Either way you go you cant lose
a b U Graphics card
April 13, 2007 4:03:58 PM

Quote:
Note : You can realize the very small difference in price between BFG and eVGA ..Its only 5 $

Not the one I linked to. It's $89.99 after rebate.

Buy that one, OC it yourself. You have a lifetime warranty and can step up to a different card within 90 days if you chose to do so.

EDIT: Newegg states a 1 year warranty on that those evga's? 8O
April 13, 2007 6:55:53 PM

You are right , but here is the thing : If its Factory OC'ed , it will be just like you said "close to its max" but in the same time it will be more reliable and last much more longer than the one you self OC'ed which will absolutely affect the card's lifetime...
a b U Graphics card
April 13, 2007 6:59:01 PM

Quote:
You are right , but here is the thing : If its Factory OC'ed , it will be just like you said "close to its max" but in the same time it will be more reliable and last much more longer than the one you self OC'ed which will absolutely affect the card's lifetime...

How so? If adequately cooled, whether they OC it or you OC it or you OC it, it will last the same amount of time.
April 13, 2007 7:11:11 PM

Why EVGA?

Well for starters they DO have some of the fastest OC'd cards on the market.

BUT in the case that they don't, they still have a lifetime waranty that covers overclocking AND replacement of the HSF, as long as you put on the original if you have to have the card repaired.

Not only that, they have possibly THE best customer support I've ever seen from any company. I've personally delt with them and they blew my socks off with their solution to my problem after the CS director contacted me personally. Had 3 faulty 7900GT KO SC cards (universal issue, every company who OC's their cards had this problem). They finally called me and offered the 7900GT KO 512 which was a nicer card, and free cross-shipping.

And as if that weren't enough, they have the Step-Up program. Trade in any qualifying card for full purchase price within 3 months and put that money towards an upgrade. Want a GTX but could only afford a GTS? Step-Up 3 months later after you save another $150! Need a card but don't know if you want to wait for the 8950GTX KO SC (ok not a real card, but who cares)? Get a 8800 GTX and upgrade in 3 months. It's awesome.

You see, the question isn't "why EVGA?", the question is "why NOT?" lol.
April 13, 2007 7:54:18 PM

XFX
April 14, 2007 1:01:57 AM

That is the only difference. You named it. I myself have that card, and it works perfectly at high settings at most games. For $100, it's a killer!
April 14, 2007 1:07:57 AM

yeah but here is the awesome thing
the one with the 2 DVIs is cheaper than the other with about 10$ !!!!!!!!!! 8O
April 14, 2007 9:26:54 AM

dont care about this warranty crap..
what I really care about is the ability of playing really aggressive video games
in other words when it comes to games which one rocks
and does the differece in core clock (10 MHZ) and memory clock (150 MHZ) between
xfx and bfg make xfx play games that bfg can't?

for example which one can play FEAR or Oblivion at higher resolutions more than the other?
a b U Graphics card
April 14, 2007 12:43:06 PM

Quote:
dont care about this warranty crap..
what I really care about is the ability of playing really aggressive video games
in other words when it comes to games which one rocks
and does the differece in core clock (10 MHZ) and memory clock (150 MHZ) between
xfx and bfg make xfx play games that bfg can't?

for example which one can play FEAR or Oblivion at higher resolutions more than the other?

Sorry to say, it doesn't sound like you don't want a 7600GT. Those clocks won't make a big difference in playable settings. And games like Fear and Oblivion will hammer any of these cards when you start talking higher resolution.

Spend a bit more and get a better card. For Oblivion, a X1950GT, X1900GT, X1950 pro. Or if you prefer NVidia despite diasdvantages of the GF7 in Oblivion, grab a 7900GS for $139 AR. Like I mentioned earlier, the X1950GT had been $110 AR for a couple weeks and would spank these 7600GT's for that price. Rebate expired, and now it's $149; maybe it will come back down. Either way, a 7600GT just doesn't rock like you want, especially in Oblivion.

April 14, 2007 1:30:31 PM

In the UK, eVGA is currently the best in terms of value (i.e. bang for buck). That's why ebuyer and scan are pretty much completely sold out of the 640MB 8800GTS by eVGA (both the 576MHz and 580MHz versions).
April 15, 2007 7:12:44 PM

Quote:

Sorry to say, it doesn't sound like you don't want a 7600GT. Those clocks won't make a big difference in playable settings. And games like Fear and Oblivion will hammer any of these cards when you start talking higher resolution.

Spend a bit more and get a better card. For Oblivion, a X1950GT, X1900GT, X1950 pro. Or if you prefer NVidia despite diasdvantages of the GF7 in Oblivion, grab a 7900GS for $139 AR. Like I mentioned earlier, the X1950GT had been $110 AR for a couple weeks and would spank these 7600GT's for that price. Rebate expired, and now it's $149; maybe it will come back down. Either way, a 7600GT just doesn't rock like you want, especially in Oblivion.

What ? :( 
You know what, you crashed my dreams by saying that..I was hoping to play my beloved "Oblivion" at its max...
See Pauldh ,I wanted to follow your advice and change 180 degree by going with x1950 PRO as I also saw it at tom's hardware
http://www.tomshardware.com/2007/04/09/the_best_gaming_...

But I found something really weird
, that this card relatively took a lot of bad reviews at newegg ..something about OverHeating and crashing when playing games, and you can see it here

Can you explain what the heck is going on??

I know this became silly, but I'm trying to make the best of my money to play my baby "Oblivion" and of course a lot of other newer games...But you know Hardcore gamers For Hardcore gamers as you seem to be ! :) 
April 15, 2007 7:52:33 PM

i like xfx cards cuz the make them look nicer, xfx to me has always been about visuals of the hardware considering both my cards are xfx's. but i lik evga for teir ko edition cards. those heatsinks look crazy
April 15, 2007 8:12:39 PM

Quote:
I like my XFX with it's double lifetime warrantee.

They have the best of all the "lifetime warranty".
All you do is send them the bad one and they send you a good one...your proof that you bought it is the fact it is in your hand.
April 16, 2007 5:03:22 AM

Yeah, would have been nice to keep it but I got off the AGP bus this weekend. Selling the card this week. Still waiting for some parts to build today or tomorrow. Can't wait. I'm just as excited as when I got my first rig...
April 17, 2007 5:39:18 PM

Pauldh, I waited too long for your reply man

Quote:
What ? Sad
You know what, you crashed my dreams by saying that..I was hoping to play my beloved "Oblivion" at its max...
See Pauldh ,I wanted to follow your advice and change 180 degree by going with x1950 PRO as I also saw it at tom's hardware
http://www.tomshardware.com/2007/04/09/the_best_gaming_...

But I found something really weird , that this card took a lot of bad reviews at newegg ..something about OverHeating and crashing when playing games, and you can see it here

Can you explain what the heck is going on??

I know this became silly, but I'm trying to make the best of my money to play my baby "Oblivion" and of course a lot of other newer games...But you know Hardcore gamers For Hardcore gamers as you seem to be ! Smile

where are you??
April 17, 2007 5:59:14 PM

XFX ROCKS :twisted: :twisted:
April 17, 2007 6:22:05 PM

i have a solution....BUY THEM BOTH !

then return which ever one you don't want to keep. Or sell it to some sucker on ebay for twice the amount you paid for it :twisted:
April 17, 2007 6:58:01 PM

Quote:
i have a solution....BUY THEM BOTH !

then return which ever one you don't want to keep. Or sell it to some sucker on ebay for twice the amount you paid for it :twisted:

Hehehehehheheheheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

LOL Man !!
You think I'm buying a pair of shoes or something ?!!
April 17, 2007 9:41:06 PM

I noticed that both feature a mail-in rebate. I'd say avoid BFG.

I bought a BFG card from Newegg with a $50 rebate - sent in all originals (as required), now BFG is saying my "submission" is invalid because I failed to include the original invoice.

BS!

I have copies of everything and the original invoice was included. I may be able to get this strightened out, but I know some companies try to play the rebate "gottcha" game. Seems BFG is one of those.

All things being equal - I will avoid BFG like the plague from now on. True story!
April 17, 2007 10:16:45 PM

Quote:
I noticed that both feature a mail-in rebate. I'd say avoid BFG.

I bought a BFG card from Newegg with a $50 rebate - sent in all originals (as required), now BFG is saying my "submission" is invalid because I failed to include the original invoice.

BS!

I have copies of everything and the original invoice was included. I may be able to get this strightened out, but I know some companies try to play the rebate "gottcha" game. Seems BFG is one of those.

All things being equal - I will avoid BFG like the plague from now on. True story!

First always send via registerd mail and keep photocopys.

If you bought it in California or many other States the law says if you don't get your rebate then the SELLER is on the hook to pay you.

Also don't wait longer than 5 weeks for your rebate check to come back...get on the toll free phone number and let them know they are a week over due (they can no longer say it will take 8 weeks).
April 17, 2007 10:21:21 PM

If your going to go between XFX and BFG go with whichever you want. The one with the faster core / memory is going to out preform the other one by a few frames here and there at most. Stop asking that if it's made in the USA is it better? Who cares where it's made, they all used the same crap to make it. Besides some of the best stuff I ever bought was from another country.

To compare the 7600gt and the x1950pro, the 1950 pro would rip it in half when it comes to oblivion. You posted where people were complaining about the sapphire one over heating, don't get that one. Sapphires are great, but not their x1950pro I've seen a lot of people return them because of heat. Spend $10 more and get this one over sapphire.

I've seen several people replace their sapphire for this one and were happy with the cooling. Hope this post helped, because I don't usually post unless threads are going no where.
April 17, 2007 10:25:50 PM

Quote:
If your going to go between XFX and BFG go with whichever you want. The one with the faster core / memory is going to out preform the other one by a few frames here and there at most. Stop asking that if it's made in the USA is it better? Who cares where it's made, they all used the same crap to make it. Besides some of the best stuff I ever bought was from another country.

To compare the 7600gt and the x1950pro, the 1950 pro would rip it in half when it comes to oblivion. You posted where people were complaining about the sapphire one over heating, don't get that one. Sapphires are great, but not their x1950pro I've seen a lot of people return them because of heat. Spend $10 more and get this one over sapphire.

I've seen several people replace their sapphire for this one and were happy with the cooling. Hope this post helped, because I don't usually post unless threads are going no where.

I find they basicly OC to the same point...and they are all made in Asia.
April 18, 2007 10:56:38 PM

Quote:

Sure dude , This was absolutely a great help !
Now I'm sure I'm not gonna buy this Sapphire after you've killed the hesitation I had..I saw a lot of great reviews about it whereas there are these bad customer reviews on newegg :?

Since you wanna help :D  , what do you of a XFX 7900GS Extreme ?

or should I stick with the card you told me about ??
a b U Graphics card
April 18, 2007 11:10:18 PM

No way man, This is the last thing I would think of !
I personally see that ATI really sucks !
Yeah and the X1650XT only supports SM 2.0
What are you guys talking about. The X1650XT is equal to a 7600GT but better in games like Oblvion. It is an SM3.0 card and unlike the GF7's it also supports FSAA+HDR at the same time in Oblvion. For Oblvion X1650XT >7600GT and X1950 pro > 7900GS.
a b U Graphics card
April 18, 2007 11:16:44 PM

Quote:
Since you wanna help , what do you of a XFX 7900GS Extreme ?

The X1950 pro is without doubt better that the 7900GS in Oblvion. Not only does the 7900GS drop much lower in the outdoor foliage, but it also will not allow you to run FSAA and HDR at the same time.

Have a look, on average framerates and minimum framerates, the X1950 pro was way better:
http://www.firingsquad.com/hardware/ati_radeon_x1950_pr...
April 18, 2007 11:17:37 PM

You are right Pauldh but of course you know , when it comes to overheating ..
Whats the benefit if you buy a card able to run all games but last less longer?!
April 18, 2007 11:20:55 PM

Quote:
Since you wanna help , what do you of a XFX 7900GS Extreme ?

The X1950 pro is without doubt better that the 7900GS in Oblvion. Not only does the 7900GS drop much lower in the outdoor foliage, but it also will not allow you to run FSAA and HDR at the same time.

I swear I wanna buy thins card !!!!!!!!!
But I'm afraid of these overheating issues , not 1 or 2 reviews there are a lot of complaints...
a b U Graphics card
April 18, 2007 11:23:51 PM

I think the overheating issues are far less frequesnt than you think. Are you aware the GF7900's had huge issues too? 7900GS seems to be OK, but the GT and GTX had as big or bigger heat issues than the X1950 pro.

Have a look: Here are hundreds and hundreds of bad 7900 series cards in this thread: Way more trustworthy than Newegg user reviews too.
http://www.evga.com/community/messageboard/topic.asp?TO...
April 18, 2007 11:25:29 PM

Oh and the last thing is,
Does ATI provide a lifetime warranty on its cards like Nvidia's, I doubt that !
Do you guys still think ATI is a better choice ? Pauldh made me wanna get this card even if its the last thing I would do !
!