Newbish Question but oh well.

samuelf830

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2007
ok so, im getting this --->

MSI K9N Neo-F Socket AM2 NVIDIA nForce 550 MCP ATX AMD Motherboard

and this --->

Rosewill RP500-2 ATX 2.01 500W Power Supply 115/230 V CSA, CB, TUV, FCC, UL

My biggest concern is that my motherboard says it supports ATX and my PSU says it supports ATX 2.01

is there a difference to these 2? or is my motherboard simply able to support all ATX 1-2 whatever. might be i just dont know what the additional numbers after the ATX mean. any help would be greatly appretiated.

BTW, i'm buying both of these from Newegg.com

Wishjuh

Distinguished
Oct 30, 2006
I've never heard of a difference in ATX.. ATX is ATX... whatever the version may be... To be sure... you should ask MSI or Rosewill for this answer... but I never heard of a different ATX version or something...

valis

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2005
ok so, im getting this --->

MSI K9N Neo-F Socket AM2 NVIDIA nForce 550 MCP ATX AMD Motherboard

and this --->

Rosewill RP500-2 ATX 2.01 500W Power Supply 115/230 V CSA, CB, TUV, FCC, UL

My biggest concern is that my motherboard says it supports ATX and my PSU says it supports ATX 2.01

is there a difference to these 2? or is my motherboard simply able to support all ATX 1-2 whatever. might be i just dont know what the additional numbers after the ATX mean. any help would be greatly appretiated.

BTW, i'm buying both of these from Newegg.com

you're a bit confused, and understandably so cause this could be a confusing thing.

the ATX that the motherboard is referring to is the ATX Form Factor. it is referring to the physical SIZE of the board. you need to know this when matching up your motherboard to a case

the ATX that the power supply is referring to is a certain power specification.

basically, they are talking about two completely different things.

valis
(they should do fine together)