Trojan Horse Collected AF preoblem please help remove

Ok so apparently someone hijacked a trusted freinds instant messenger screen name sent me an link in the IM window I clicked on it thinking it was my freind and AVG pops up and says a virus was found. So I quarantined it and though I was safe. When I restarted my computer I keep getting AVG poping up telling me the same viurus has been detected and then a website tries to automatically open in IE. I have treid all sorts of spyware scans and they always find Toolbar888 and I remove it and it keeps coming back. I run a virus scan and the same Trojan horse keeps coming back after i delete it. Please help I can figure out how to get rid of this thing. This is the first virus ive ever been infected with I am generally very careful about spyuware and viruses. Any ideas??
3 answers Last reply
More about trojan horse collected preoblem remove
  1. Try this site:
    http://www.scanspyware.net/info/Toolbar888.htm

If you don't want to install their software, it gives a list of registry keys and program files to delete at the bottom of the page, so you can do it manually.
  2. I got it working, I had to do spyware, virus and hijack this scans in safe mode and remove the virus and spyware it seems to be fine now.
  3. hi, sorry to trouble you but i am having the same trouble have tried everything and had no luck, have you had luck in removing if so could you please email samjayash@o2.co.uk with the answer, thank you so much. from samantha
Ask a new question

Read More

Windows XP