picilo

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2006
I am confused as to why my friend gets 500 kb/s in az and i get on average 40 kb/s??? He did not do any thing special he said, jsut download and go. I have looked online and tried to find out why, but nothing seems to apply. I have a GB either net card, and a decent 939 amd set up. My internet speed seems to be correct, and i am not using a router. I strait up turn my firewall off when i download, and i have the up load capped at 15 kb/s and the down load at 0 for unlimited. Im obviously a newB so if when reading this you think to your self, he should just do _______. then please post it so i can get my down load speeds up.

Thanks,

RUDY

p.s. my down load speed from time warner is 480 down..

Giraffe

Distinguished
Jun 29, 2004
well first of all it depends on the torrents u r downloading.

most torrents wont be able to go 500KBps. u would need a very good seed/leech ratio to get very high speeds.

One thing that could be holding your dl's back is if u havnt setup port-forwarding for Azuerus.
Try changing your settings for max connections etc. and fiddle with the settings.

I dont know much about Azuerus though coz i use uTorrent

picilo

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2006
Think i might go back to utorrent. I used it a few times before, but it would suck bandwidth up so fast that with in 20-30 mins. time warner would shut my connection off for a second. stopping all downloads. I would have to reset the modem and re boot every time. I would climbe to 400 kb/s in minutes and then BAM....gone. wtf. any way, i will try utorrent again and if they do that again im calling with a serious complaint. They dont have the right to cut me off like that. If time warner cannot manage there bandwidth corrently then they should just let me down load at the speeds i was getting. FRUSTRATION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :(