Opteron 170 TCasemax

gahleon

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2006
Alright, please if you don't know don't answer cause I have searched everywhere for this stuff but can't find it. Core temp 0.95 crashes with Opty 170 thats known and a few other optys however, the A64Tcasemax program also shows that my Tcasemax is 49C this is incorrect and also says that the TDP is 35 watts, no way! Its a dual core and I know this is wrong however, I can't find a single program that will read this right so I can acertain what my OC potential is. If someone can please talk to me and let me know what the dilly is on this cause I would really like to know. AMD64TCASEMAX v1.19 and coretemp 0.95 neither work and nor does "central brain identifier" somone please help!

gahleon

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2006
nope I am using xp pro service pack 2. No vista here not worth it yet but thats another story. If you need the stepping an all that I will give it to you but as for right now I'm studying so can't get it right yet but its toledo core

SuperFly03

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2004
Same. I have an Opty 165 and used CoreTemp to monitor my temps while OC'ing (also speedfan too). It just sounds strange. Speedfan would be my next recommendation, after that, ITE SmartGuardian or there is something called Motherboard Monitor 5, but idk the exact name of the lat one.

Last ditch effort would be to install a temperature probe but those aren't nearly as accurate since you can't read the actual core temp.

You OC potential should be 2.8GHz on average with many getting very close to 3GHz

gahleon

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2006
well what i think the problem is, is that it is revision F and I heard that AMD quit using Tcasemax or something like that in that revision of the opty. Its messed up because coretemp 0.95 says in the revision nots that it fixed the problem but I have read around about it crashing and thats what it does to my system and it needs to be restarted, the other revisions work just great. I know that the TCaseMax should be around 57-59C and I have burned it in just fine I just need to figure it out before during break I finally OC this pup. I really appreciate the help everyone thanks. Any other suggestions please lemme know. I know there are some really smart people on this forum.

gahleon

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2006
Well speedfan was no good. I dont' care for that one at all. Plus the labels of the temp sensors was terrible. It was showing 127C for something and if that was the TCaseMax it was completely inaccurate. So, until you guys hook it up or the coretemp coder gets back to me. Thanks again guys.