I think I'm embaressed.

So about a month ago my cat knocked a soda onto my router and to make
a long story short i got a whole new computer.

I got a HP with 3G processor and onboard video. Of course i disabled
the onboard and proceeded to install my AGP card (I have about 6
videocards...but who doesn't)....but the damn card wouldn't fit into
the slot. the slot was set too far back, and it's certainly not a PCI
slot. So I put my best PCI card in and have been playing with so-so
results for the last month.

Now I find that motherboards have a new fangled thang called a
PCI-Express slot.....sigh. I think I'll be going to the store tomorrow
to test out this theory.
2 answers Last reply
More about embaressed
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.coh (More info?)

    In article <789l11hres7jk10bfq2vcjqpdkm0nm5418@4ax.com>, Magnus, Robot Fighter. wrote:

    > So about a month ago my cat knocked a soda onto my router and to make
    > a long story short i got a whole new computer.
    >
    > I got a HP with 3G processor and onboard video. Of course i disabled
    > the onboard and proceeded to install my AGP card (I have about 6
    > videocards...but who doesn't)....but the damn card wouldn't fit into
    > the slot. the slot was set too far back, and it's certainly not a PCI
    > slot. So I put my best PCI card in and have been playing with so-so
    > results for the last month.
    >
    > Now I find that motherboards have a new fangled thang called a
    > PCI-Express slot.....sigh. I think I'll be going to the store
    > tomorrow to test out this theory.

    That's awesome for you. PCI-Express cards be cheap! At least, the
    last time I looked.

    --
    Neil Cerutti
  2. Archived from groups: alt.games.coh (More info?)

    On 22 Feb 2005 13:20:10 GMT, Neil Cerutti <neil.cerutti@tds.net>
    wrote:

    >In article <789l11hres7jk10bfq2vcjqpdkm0nm5418@4ax.com>, Magnus, Robot Fighter. wrote:
    >>

    >> So about a month ago my cat knocked a soda onto my router and to make
    >> a long story short i got a whole new computer.
    >>
    >> I got a HP with 3G processor and onboard video. Of course i disabled
    >> the onboard and proceeded to install my AGP card (I have about 6
    >> videocards...but who doesn't)....but the damn card wouldn't fit into
    >> the slot. the slot was set too far back, and it's certainly not a PCI
    >> slot. So I put my best PCI card in and have been playing with so-so
    >> results for the last month.
    >>
    >> Now I find that motherboards have a new fangled thang called a
    >> PCI-Express slot.....sigh. I think I'll be going to the store
    >> tomorrow to test out this theory.
    >
    >That's awesome for you. PCI-Express cards be cheap! At least, the
    >last time I looked.

    Yup, it was a PCI-E slot. I've now gone from a PCI Geforce 5600 to a
    PCI-E Geforce 6600 with I'd say an average of 18 FPS jump.

Video Games