I think I'm embaressed.

So about a month ago my cat knocked a soda onto my router and to make
a long story short i got a whole new computer.

I got a HP with 3G processor and onboard video. Of course i disabled
the onboard and proceeded to install my AGP card (I have about 6
videocards...but who doesn't)....but the damn card wouldn't fit into
the slot. the slot was set too far back, and it's certainly not a PCI
slot. So I put my best PCI card in and have been playing with so-so
results for the last month.

Now I find that motherboards have a new fangled thang called a
PCI-Express slot.....sigh. I think I'll be going to the store tomorrow
to test out this theory.

In article <789l11hres7jk10bfq2vcjqpdkm0nm5418@4ax.com>, Magnus, Robot Fighter. wrote:

> So about a month ago my cat knocked a soda onto my router and to make
> a long story short i got a whole new computer.
>
> I got a HP with 3G processor and onboard video. Of course i disabled
> the onboard and proceeded to install my AGP card (I have about 6
> videocards...but who doesn't)....but the damn card wouldn't fit into
> the slot. the slot was set too far back, and it's certainly not a PCI
> slot. So I put my best PCI card in and have been playing with so-so
> results for the last month.
>
> Now I find that motherboards have a new fangled thang called a
> PCI-Express slot.....sigh. I think I'll be going to the store
> tomorrow to test out this theory.

That's awesome for you. PCI-Express cards be cheap! At least, the
last time I looked.

--
Neil Cerutti

On 22 Feb 2005 13:20:10 GMT, Neil Cerutti <neil.cerutti@tds.net>
wrote:

>In article <789l11hres7jk10bfq2vcjqpdkm0nm5418@4ax.com>, Magnus, Robot Fighter. wrote:
>>

>> So about a month ago my cat knocked a soda onto my router and to make
>> a long story short i got a whole new computer.
>>
>> I got a HP with 3G processor and onboard video. Of course i disabled
>> the onboard and proceeded to install my AGP card (I have about 6
>> videocards...but who doesn't)....but the damn card wouldn't fit into
>> the slot. the slot was set too far back, and it's certainly not a PCI
>> slot. So I put my best PCI card in and have been playing with so-so
>> results for the last month.
>>
>> Now I find that motherboards have a new fangled thang called a
>> PCI-Express slot.....sigh. I think I'll be going to the store
>> tomorrow to test out this theory.
>
>That's awesome for you. PCI-Express cards be cheap! At least, the
>last time I looked.

Yup, it was a PCI-E slot. I've now gone from a PCI Geforce 5600 to a
PCI-E Geforce 6600 with I'd say an average of 18 FPS jump.