Samsung 151p vs. Eizo L365

dodd444

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2002
Which should I buy???

From everything I've read, my impression is that the Eizo probably has the best image quality. But, I really like the looks of the 151p, and, it apparently is a very new display.

I'm also wondering about the Viewsonic VX500.

Currently, I'm using a 5 year old 17" Dell trinitron running at 800x600. My graphics card is a 32MB Nvidia GeForce2 which came with my 6 month old Dell desktop.

Boy, if only we could SEE the damn things up and running for ourselves before we part with our $$$$. But, no go.

Question: If the image quality (sharpness, bright, vivid, true colors) is "almost" as good on the Samsung as the Eizo, then I'm inclined to opt for the 151P because of its looks. But, if there's an appreciable degradation in image on the 151P, then I'd choose the Eizo.

Anybody have any experience or info on these 2 displays?

Thanx.

justinstraub

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2002
I have the samsung 151p. At first i had the samsung 151v but returned it because the viewing angle was not good enough. I enjoy the samsung 151p greatly. the colors are very vivid, i noticed nothing that would be classified as bad image quality yet. the style of the monitor is excellent. i have no experience with the L365 but i have heard only good things about it. so either should be a deal. the only thing with this 151p is that the gamma is not to my liking. I have to use the color correction gamma in the detonator drivers, but i have had to do that with all lcds ive used.

justin

dodd444

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2002
Dear Justin,

Thanx for your response to my query re: Samsung 151P & Eizo L365. It sure helps to get some input from someone who actually HAS one of these displays.

Question: What exactly is gamma and how difficult is it to adjust?

Again, thanx for your help.