dayaldiw

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2006
I tried to overclock my E6300 by just boosting up the FSB from stock 266 to 295 X 7, and I checked the cpu temp which was around 49 degree celcius. I am using the Zalman CNPS8000 as the heatsink, 2GB RAM (OCZ Platiunum XTX PC6400) Asus P5B-E Motherboard. I am just looking for a feedback if this sounds normal or I should look into speeding up the fans on my Antec Nine Hundred case.

Thanks for your input.

Assman

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2005
your temp does seem a bit high, at my clock my temps are around 40-42 at idle.
1. use this c2d oc guide as a reference.
2. make sure your cooler is properly seated and you used a thin layer of thermal paste.

dayaldiw

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2006
I don think I used it too much, i tried to make sure i covered the entire chip but i mostly concentrated on the center of the chip. I read/saw a picture somewhere on the net that thats where the thermal compound should be applied.

gahleon

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2006
You need to after setup find the tdcasemax temp use something like core temp 0.95 great with conroe chips. That will tell you the headroom to overclock. I would also suggest doing a burn in on your chips, use the guide as referrence. However, before you start overclocking make sure your system is stable first before you start that means memtest86, prime95 for hours, ect. Then let er flow following the guide posted earlier. Good luck and take your time! Thats the most important step small incriments.

dayaldiw

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2006
well I followed the guide, I updated the BIOS and some how the board just died on me, I used the utility which comes with the motherboard to update the BIOS. So i ended up exchanging the board and now the cpu temp is around 36-37 degree celcius, i wonder why it was showing around 45-47 on the other board. Anyways, i just wanted to say thank you for your input, I will follow the guide and see what I can achieve from it.
Thanks again.