Sign in with
Your question

C2D F@H e6300 help

Tags:
Last response: in CPUs
April 13, 2007 8:00:02 PM

hi i have started Folding @ home (for THG team odviously) anywho when i was 'folding' (i guess) and a i soon got to 150 out of 5000 folds for a work package anyway but i had to restart the system, on restart my previous work had been forgotton and i had to start from the beggining - is this supoed to happen, or did i do something wrong.

More about : c2d e6300

April 13, 2007 8:01:48 PM

Quote:
hi i have started Folding @ home (for THG team odviously) anywho when i was 'folding' (i guess) and a i soon got to 150 out of 5000 folds for a work package anyway but i had to restart the system, on restart my previous work had been forgotton and i had to start from the beggining - is this supoed to happen, or did i do something wrong.

It's normal. Don't sweat it.
April 14, 2007 5:17:02 AM

F@H saves the progress periodically to the HDD. You can go into the settings and tell it to save more often if you want to, although I imagine that has some overall performance penalty as more time is spent saving, but may not be noticeable.
April 14, 2007 9:39:07 AM

yeah thank, but when i entered the log, there was the recorded data, hmmmmmm, ill see what happens in future
!