Window display problems

When I turn on my computer it doesn't cover the entire screen. I have Window
XP; I have reset my display resolution that doesn't work.. I know this is an
rookie question but some one help me so I can go to bed...

thanks
--
albarnett

galen

Distinguished
May 24, 2004

In news:0B12C120-74B3-4861-90C2-3226E4E40AB0@microsoft.com,
andra <andra@discussions.microsoft.com> had this to say:

> When I turn on my computer it doesn't cover the entire screen. I
> have Window XP; I have reset my display resolution that doesn't
> work.. I know this is an rookie question but some one help me so I
> can go to bed...
>
> thanks

Start pressing buttons on your monitor to resize it until it fits. (You
could read the manual for it first but there's no fun in that.) Some
software for various video cards will allow you to resize the screen display
through them but, again, that's not as much fun as playing with the buttons
on the front of your monitor.

Galen

have you adjusted the monitor controls (i.e. width/height of the image on
screen - those buttons on the front of the monitor to adjust the settings).