Ventillo issues

Last response: in Video Games
June 25, 2004 11:45:59 PM

I am trying to hook up to the TZW ventrillo server, and getting the error
"Protocol error. Server is running version 2.1.2". I have already
downloaded the newest version (2.2.0) of the client from the ventrillo site.
Anyone with any ideas? Are they now not backwards compatible? BTW, I can
hook up to our Jeeprs server with success, only the TZW without. Thanks.

Shawn
Amarak

More about : ventillo issues

Anonymous
June 26, 2004 2:19:21 AM

220 and 212 are not compatible. 220 can only be hosted by appointed
hosting-sites, so we stay at 212 for server and 211 for client.

The 211 client is on TJ's website . Look at "Voice-comm" and click the link
for the file..

--
-
Jan van Zanten, aka NedFox <TZW>
> I am trying to hook up to the TZW ventrillo server, and getting the error
> "Protocol error. Server is running version 2.1.2". I have already
> downloaded the newest version (2.2.0) of the client from the ventrillo
site.
> Anyone with any ideas? Are they now not backwards compatible? BTW, I can
> hook up to our Jeeprs server with success, only the TZW without. Thanks.
>
> Shawn
> Amarak

Anonymous
June 26, 2004 2:22:52 AM

BtW, you can install both versions next to each other.. Just install them in
2 seperate folders.

--
-
"NedFox <TZW>" <neddy@nowhere.com> schreef in bericht
> 220 and 212 are not compatible. 220 can only be hosted by appointed
> hosting-sites, so we stay at 212 for server and 211 for client.
>
> The 211 client is on TJ's website . Look at "Voice-comm" and click the
link
> for the file..

June 26, 2004 5:20:04 AM

No, you need the old version.

Kango

"Amarak" <amarakthe01@bodycomcast.net> wrote in message
> I am trying to hook up to the TZW ventrillo server, and getting the error
> "Protocol error. Server is running version 2.1.2". I have already
> downloaded the newest version (2.2.0) of the client from the ventrillo
site.
> Anyone with any ideas? Are they now not backwards compatible? BTW, I can
> hook up to our Jeeprs server with success, only the TZW without. Thanks.
>
> Shawn
> Amarak

Anonymous
June 26, 2004 9:44:59 PM

Cool, thanks Robert and Ned, I will take care of that today.

!