XP Voice recognition Software

Hello,

I was wondering if the speech recognition software in Windows XP Pro has any
known problems working with non-Intel processors. I have a 1.3GHz Athlon
machine with 256MB RAM and get a complaint that "Speech recognition requires
a 400 MHz computer with 128MB of memory." when I try to use the speech tool
in Word.

Your answers are most appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Paul and Zahra
2 answers Last reply
More about voice recognition software

    You may pick up some tips from the following site:

    "Using speech recognition for the first time in Office"

    http://office.microsoft.com/en-gb/assistance/HA010565111033.aspx

    Regards
    Joe Steele

    "Zahra and Paul" <pethomps@cox.net> wrote in message
    > Hello,
    >
    > I was wondering if the speech recognition software in Windows XP Pro has
    > any known problems working with non-Intel processors. I have a 1.3GHz
    > Athlon machine with 256MB RAM and get a complaint that "Speech recognition
    > requires a 400 MHz computer with 128MB of memory." when I try to use the
    > speech tool in Word.
    >
    > Your answers are most appreciated. Thank you in advance.
    >
    > Paul and Zahra

    I have a question regarding voice recognition. I tried to install it by
    going to Tool - Speech Recognition menu inside MS Word. I'm keep getting
    this error:

    "The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is
    unavailable. Click OK to try again, or enter an alternate path to a folder
    containing the installation package 'PROPLUS.MSI' in the box below."

    I can't find that file on my Office XP CD. Is there any way I can get that
    file to install voice recognition?

    "Zahra and Paul" <pethomps@cox.net> wrote in message
    > Hello,
    >
    > I was wondering if the speech recognition software in Windows XP Pro has
    > any known problems working with non-Intel processors. I have a 1.3GHz
    > Athlon machine with 256MB RAM and get a complaint that "Speech recognition
    > requires a 400 MHz computer with 128MB of memory." when I try to use the
    > speech tool in Word.
    >
    > Your answers are most appreciated. Thank you in advance.
    >
    > Paul and Zahra

Speech Recognition Windows XP Voice Recognition Software