Jan 12, 2003

Try the add and remove program area

"clueless" <clueless@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:4198FDF6-6350-4473-A2D2-BA2B34268A89@microsoft.com...
> How can I uninstall Netware on-line?

clueless wrote:
> How can I uninstall Netware on-line?

What do you mean by "on-line"?
Are you trying to remotely/command line uninstall something?

--
<- Shenan ->

Clueless

No! I just want to get the pretty startup screen.

On Sun, 17 Apr 2005 15:22:02 -0700, clueless wrote:

> No! I just want to get the pretty startup screen.

Is this a work computer that connects to a domain? If yes, there still
won't be a welcome screen after netware is uninstalled.

--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User

clueless wrote:
> No! I just want to get the pretty startup screen.

So what you are trying to say is that you want the "Welcome Screen" back?
Not the Username/Password "Classic" logon?

Is this a "work computer"? It was a member (or is a member) of a work
domain?
If so - nothing you can do unless it is your personal machine now and you
take it out of the domain.

Welcome Screen Logon versus Classic Logon
http://www.theeldergeek.com/welcome_screen_logon_versus_classic_logon.htm

Change the Login Window

Look through this KB Article as well.

Error Message When You Try to Turn On Welcome Screen or Fast User Switching
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/315347

In either Windows XP Professional or Windows XP Home Edition, you can
enable or disable the Welcome screen with a registry setting.

Use Registry Editor to change the LogonType value in the
HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\ WinLogon key. Set
it to 0 to use the classic logon or 1 to use the Welcome screen.

In Windows XP Professional, you can also enable or disable the
Welcome screen with a policy. Follow these steps:

1. At a command prompt, type gpedit.msc to open the Group Policy
console.
2. Open the Computer Configuration\Administrative
Templates\System\Logon folder.
3. Double-click the Always Use Classic Logon policy.
4. Select Enabled to use the classic logon, Disabled to use the
Welcome screen, or Not Configured to cede control to the registry
setting.

Note you can save the registry key first by:
On the File menu, click Export.
In the File name box, type SaveKey, and then click Save.
Or create a system restore point prior to editing.

Note: If the registry key is not there, you can simply create one by going
edit > new.

--
<- Shenan ->

Clueless

I just tried http://support.microsoft.com/kb/315347 and it was pretty again.

clueless wrote:
> I have already solved my problem.

Please share the steps of your solution with us - it may help others in the
future.

--
<- Shenan ->

Clueless

I clicked on Network Places. (right click)
Then I went to Properties.
Then I selected Local Area Connection. (right click)
Then I selected the "offending" netware, and Uninstalled it.

clueless wrote:
> I just tried http://support.microsoft.com/kb/315347 and it was pretty
> again.

Thanks! Glad we could help out!