sparkle 7300gt s-video

rforums

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2007
i have a sparkle 7300gt 256MB PCI-E card. it has a Mini-DIN 9 connector where as, everyone else seems to hav a normal Mini-DIN 4(s-video) connector. i hav been provided with a s-video to RCA converter by the manufacturer. but it does not fit into the slot. any suggestions what to do. i want to connect my pc to TV.

graviongr

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2008

I know this is an extremely old thread, and sorry for digging it up in case it offends anyone. But I literally just had this same problem today. Since there's someone like me out there googling this kind of thing, it's not too far fetched that someone else may need this knowledge too.

The solution to this problem, is to take a standard S-Video cable, and pop off the plastic tab from the end of the cable that you will be connecting to the PC. Connect the other end to the television as normal, and reboot the PC, and then the video card should detect it, and everything will work as normal from there.

bgrizz

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2009
I discovered the same thing with my Sparkle 7300GT video card. I just knocked out the black plastic alignment tab in a 4-pin cable and it worked. I'm not sure it will work with all video cards. I've seen several versions of the pinouts for the 9-pins. As long as it is sending the Chroma and Luma signals through the top left and top right pins it will work. I believe this will even work if it is considered VIVO (video in-video out), because the chroma and luma out channels are on the correct pins (the "extra" pins are then used for video into the card. If it is sending a 3 channel video signal (YPrPb or RGB) it probably won't work.