how to best test refurbished systems?????????

darrellw

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2006
just trying to pick peoples brains on how to best test refurbished systems before i resell them.

i currently run memtest overnight to test the ram and run powermax to test the hard drives.

i then use prime95 and occt to stress test the cpu and ram.

having problems using 3dmark 2000 to test the graphics side of the machine.
machines will often run a test repeat count of 10 or even 20 passes but on a number of older machines with older cards/onboard graphics it crashes when i try to loop it overnight. also will not run looping on several asrock p4vm800 boards. are these machines stable or not ? any thoughts???????

tried tried to run 3dmark 99 but it gives me error messages about needing directx 6 to run, directx 9 already installed.

3dmark03 will not run on older cards

are there other programs for better testing the stability of systems in particular motherboards and hard drives??????

any advice most appreciated

cheers
darrellw

casemods

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2006
My best advice would be to ask the buyer of the system what they intend to use it for, and then test it based on that, and also tell them that it is used and that you have test-ran it for anything they will use it for.

You could also test it with them before they buy, that way they can verify how it will perform, and perhaps include a short warranty (1 month)

But yeah, get all those benchmark and burn in programs that you can get (if you don't mind possibly ruining parts before you can sell them)