Unsuccessful Uninstallation

Hello folks!

I cannot uninstall a programme (Game) which was downloaded via a disk. each
time that I attempt to uninstall through add/remove programs I am confronted
with a dialog box containing the following message:-

The log file'C:program Files\Bullfrog\Theme Park World\Unlist.isu is not
valid or the data has been corrupted. Uninstallation will not continue.

Does anyone have the solution?
Kind regards MW

In news:OIC$ZTzQFHA.248@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl,
Sychman <sychman@blueyonder.co.uk> respectfully replied ;-)
> Hello folks!
>
> I cannot uninstall a programme (Game) which was downloaded via a
> disk. each time that I attempt to uninstall through add/remove
> programs I am confronted with a dialog box containing the following
> message:-
> The log file'C:program Files\Bullfrog\Theme Park World\Unlist.isu is
> not valid or the data has been corrupted. Uninstallation will not
> continue. > Does anyone have the solution?
> Kind regards MW

The first thing to do is to go to the games web site and look for the
support page. Then look for KB's relating to your problem. If you can't
resolve the problem from the games web site, try reinstalling it. This will
reconstruct the uninstaller and will usually allow you to uninstall the
application.

You might want to post to the microsoft games newsgroup if you need more
help.

Click the link above to access the newsgroup with a newsreader. See link in
my signature for tips to setup OE and other newsreaders.
--
Michael Stevens MS-MVP XP
xpnews@bogusmichaelstevenstech.com

Road_Runner

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2003

Try to uninstall in safe mode and see if that help

"Sychman" <sychman@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
> Hello folks!
>
> I cannot uninstall a programme (Game) which was downloaded via a disk.
> each time that I attempt to uninstall through add/remove programs I am
> confronted with a dialog box containing the following message:-
>
> The log file'C:program Files\Bullfrog\Theme Park World\Unlist.isu is not
> valid or the data has been corrupted. Uninstallation will not continue.
>
> Does anyone have the solution?
> Kind regards MW

Have you tried to reinstall it then do the uninstall again, that way it
may put back the damaged file and be successful.
Just a thought
Joan

Sychman wrote:
> Hello folks!
>
> I cannot uninstall a programme (Game) which was downloaded via a disk. each
> time that I attempt to uninstall through add/remove programs I am confronted
> with a dialog box containing the following message:-
>
> The log file'C:program Files\Bullfrog\Theme Park World\Unlist.isu is not
> valid or the data has been corrupted. Uninstallation will not continue.
>
> Does anyone have the solution?
> Kind regards MW

Thank you all.

I have contacted the games web site for help. My snag at the moment is that
I do not have the disk as that went north with my daughter. If I don't get
any joy via the website I will have to attempt to recover the disk. I just
hope she's bored with it by now!!

Kind regards. MW
"Michael Stevens" <mstevens@bogusmvps.org> wrote in message
> In news:OIC$ZTzQFHA.248@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl,
> Sychman <sychman@blueyonder.co.uk> respectfully replied ;-)
>> Hello folks!
>>
>> I cannot uninstall a programme (Game) which was downloaded via a
>> disk. each time that I attempt to uninstall through add/remove
>> programs I am confronted with a dialog box containing the following
>> message:-
>> The log file'C:program Files\Bullfrog\Theme Park World\Unlist.isu is
>> not valid or the data has been corrupted. Uninstallation will not
>> continue. > Does anyone have the solution?
>> Kind regards MW
>
> The first thing to do is to go to the games web site and look for the
> support page. Then look for KB's relating to your problem. If you can't
> resolve the problem from the games web site, try reinstalling it. This
> will reconstruct the uninstaller and will usually allow you to uninstall
> the application.
>
> You might want to post to the microsoft games newsgroup if you need more
> help.

> Click the link above to access the newsgroup with a newsreader. See link
> in my signature for tips to setup OE and other newsreaders.
> --
> Michael Stevens MS-MVP XP
> xpnews@bogusmichaelstevenstech.com
> http://www.michaelstevenstech.com
> For a better newsgroup experience. Setup a newsreader.
> http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/outlookexpressnewreader.htm

i have a game that had corrupted files and my computer wouldnt uninstall it so what i did was i removed all the files manually from my folders and then recycled them, then i went to uninstall via uninstaller for windows and it said it was already uninstalled, then however i put the disk in and it comes up as "play" not install. i wanted to try to reinstall it but it freezes at this screen now,, is their any way to fix this?