AMD's financial woes are nothing to worry about.

Mandrake_

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2006
That's right. It was all a plan by Ruiz, I've got official data here, from the No. 1 AMD fanboy Sharikou. :lol:

$57, and you get a Pentium XE 965 killer. Geroge Ou is quiet now. He is waiting for Intel to drop the Pentium D950 to $45.

Looks like AMD is determined to kill Intel at all costs. That's the right move. What da heck. Flood the market with 37 million dual cores per quarter, leaving Intel the rest of the market.

I heard that Hector Ruiz has ordered the K10 troops to commence their attack early. The sharp drop of prices of K8 is just the preparation for much faster chips to be launched soon. The K10 will open a performance gap that will never be filled -- as Intel BKs in 2Q08.

posted by Sharikou, Ph. D at 9:21 AM on Apr 13, 2007

Sharikou then gets asked:
Can you explain how AMD will make less money this quarter than last year when they didn't have ATI?

The Reply:

There is nothing wrong. AMD was just pulling back before making a devestating punch on Intel. AMD did a huge transition. Now the transition is complete. Going forward, Intel is simply screwed on all fronts.

Those AMD GPUs, chipsets and CPUs plus the huge capacity increase will push Intel into BK by 2Q08.

Finally, it seems even Penryn isn't enough to stop AMD's onslaught.

Intel's 45nm won't be enough to counter K10, and AMD capacity already ramped up. K10+capacity = death of Intel. AMD's IGP advantage + DX10+Vista is also a factor.

Remember, you heard it here first! (Unless you frequent the good Doctor's blog!!) :lol: :lol:

1Tanker

Splendid
Apr 28, 2006
hes an idiot. But I do think AMD's problems are bieng hyper exaggerated.
Do you really think so, Vern?

As posted by JJ in another thread:

This is far from good news

While that would be a 5 percent fall in profit from a year earlier, analysts are bracing for AMD to report on Thursday a net loss of almost $342 million, a dramatic about-face from the $184.5 million profit it posted a year earlier.

:|

sirkillalot

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2006
AMD is doing fine, they wont go bankrupt as reported by the clueless.
It may even be a good year for amd with all there new cards and cpu's etc coming out, and more companies changing to amd its just a matter of wait and see.
I wouldnt be surprised if intel has payed people or companies to put amd down and short there stock, it wouldnt be the first time. :wink:
Anyway its not so much what they have done but what they will do in the coming quarters, thats what wall st. cares about mostly.
go long amd :)

1Tanker

Splendid
Apr 28, 2006
AMD is doing fine, they wont go bankrupt as reported by the clueless.
It may even be a good year for amd with all there new cards and cpu's etc coming out, and more companies changing to amd its just a matter of wait and see.
I wouldnt be surprised if intel has payed people or companies to put amd down and short there stock, it wouldnt be the first time. :wink:
Anyway its not so much what they have done but what they will do in the coming quarters, thats what wall st. cares about mostly.
go long amd :)
If you really believe that, then what makes you so sure that AMD will be fine? By your own words, Intel will play dirty, and push them out of the market(pay-off's/incentives/busted knee-caps....what-have-you). :)

sirkillalot

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2006
cause they can only go so far with shorting a stock then if amd gets its A into G they will have to cover and ill be laughing.
anyway i believe that amd will be fine beacause they are a good company with good products and good pricers so why wouldnt they do good, every company has its bad days or months amd is no exception.
they'll be back !!! :wink:
Intels days are getting shorter with this law suit on there back door, just wait and see...time will tell i guess.
ps i do have email proof but ive lost it sorry :)

carlhungis

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2006
believe that amd will be fine beacause they are a good company with good products and good pricers so why wouldnt they do good...

Maybe because their competition is much larger, has better products (for now) and better prices (better in that they are growing market share and still turning a profit, as opposed to AMD who is priced below profitability)?

Periander

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2007
hes an idiot. But I do think AMD's problems are bieng hyper exaggerated.
Do you really think so, Vern?

As posted by JJ in another thread:

This is far from good news

While that would be a 5 percent fall in profit from a year earlier, analysts are bracing for AMD to report on Thursday a net loss of almost $342 million, a dramatic about-face from the $184.5 million profit it posted a year earlier.

:|

I think anyone who reacts desperately to that news is hyper exaggerating it. I am the master of hyper exaggerations around here so when i say thats what it is you can believe it. :wink:

Yeah, I personally think the consensus estimate of 342 mill is exaggerated, add 342 mill to their revised REVENUE figure and they are within the range of their forcaste --- I think someone did the math wrong. 200-250 mill loss would be more what I am guessing...

Jack

Consensus estimates were for an 18 cent loss (about 100m) after their last earnings announcement in Jan when they were estimating 1.6-1.7B in revenue.

Bear in mind that they lost money in Q4 even excluding acquisition costs. They booked 1.77B that quarter, but that only included ATI from October 25 onward. ATI booked 398 million in revenue between Oct 25 and the end of the year. If you extrapolate from that to the Oct 1-24 time period and you need to add 140 million to the combined companies revenue for the quarter. That gives us 1.91B revenue for the quarter...and they still lost money. This quarter they have announced 1.225B for the combined company, a decline of something like 685 million in revenue. Did AMD turn off the lights at any of their Fabs last quarter? They might have cut some expenses, but why would their cost of sales change to any significant degree?

LordPope

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2006
This is a good point.... I hadn't gone back in history and obtained an original profit (loss) estimate at the original guidance, so 343 mill is not so out of the ordinary.

Furthermore, 65 nm just started ramping up which means that AMD will need to depreciated more equipment this quarter, adding to the overall cost factor.

It just seems like a lot.... with the one time charge, and a weak overall operating profit in Q4 + Q1 2007, the will have lost north of 800 million in 6 months. They cannot sustain this long.

i thought you asked me to chill out on the AMD is doomed stuff....but more and more u sound like doom n gloom yaself

RichPLS

Champion
If stating the facts is construed as Doom n Gloom... Hmmm, what is that telling you?
tv_happy.gif