Need a reference (GPU)

rx7000

Distinguished
Nov 28, 2003
Hey guys, I have a Dell XPS with two Geforce 7900 GS cards, im not impressed with them, the first two burnt out, Dell had to send me two new ones, the ones Dell sent are starting to show artifacts and are crapping out on me, never having been impressed with the cards I want something new...

Basically im looking for a single PCI-X card that will be alot better than the two 7900 GS's. Im not worried about direct x10 as I will not be going to vista with this comp. The two limiting factors are my PSU and possibility of my processor being a bottleneck.

System Specs Dell XPS 600
Pentium(R) D CPU 3.00Ghz (Dual)
2 Gigs of Ram
Sound Blaster X-Fi

Any ideas would be appreciated, one thing is I dont know how powerful my power supply is but im assuming if im running two 7900 GS's I shouldnt have a problem running a single card as long as it isnt two ridiculous. My first thought was a 8800 GTX but I dont want to pay for Direct x10 compatible card if its not neccesary, im just looking for something thats going to outperform what I have now.

rx7000

Distinguished
Nov 28, 2003
I appreciate the advice and will definetly check it out, they are sending me two new cards which ill probably give to a friend if I land the new one. Its good to know the psu will support a new age card.