RCA TV with "Unusable Signal"

Last response: in Home Theatre
November 6, 2004 9:37:23 PM

I was trying to hook up a Sony Dream System to a large (32 or 36 inch) RCA
TV (X-Box ready) that is about 2 years old. When the DVD/Receiver was
hooked up via Component cables the TV kept coming up "unusable signal"
What causes this? EVERYTHING else worked and another type of DVD player
(GE) worked fine.

ANY info or help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
<><

More about : rca unusable signal

November 7, 2004 4:30:51 AM

"The Man From Mars" <deaded77@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I was trying to hook up a Sony Dream System to a large (32 or 36 inch) RCA
> TV (X-Box ready) that is about 2 years old. When the DVD/Receiver was
> hooked up via Component cables the TV kept coming up "unusable signal"
> What causes this? EVERYTHING else worked and another type of DVD player
> (GE) worked fine.
>
> ANY info or help would be greatly appreciated!
>
> Thanks!
> <><

Was it set to output Progressive Scan? Could be the problem, not sure.
!