briggsy147

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2006
I've downloaded and installed Windows Media Connect from the Microsoft website because I want to hook up my Xbox 360 to my PC. It seems to install ok, I get to the screen where it says everything was installed correctly. But once I run the program from the Start Menu nothing happens. I suspect that it hasn't installed properly because the icon in the Start Menu is a generic .exe icon (not a custom one for Windows Media Connect as you would expect) and the program doesn't appear in my 'add/remove programs' list. I've also tried running it from the location of the program in the folder where it's stored, this doesn't work either. Can anyone give me any clue what might be wrong and/or any idea how to fix it so I can get the thing installed?

I'm running XP Home SP2 all up-to-date.

briggsy147

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2006
No, I followed the instructions but to no avail. No matter how many times I try it doesn't seem to install properly. I can't figure out what is wrong. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

fattony

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2006
if you completely uninstall media connect from add/remove programs and run windows updates it should come up as an optional download component, install it, reboot, then do another update to make sure all of its components are with the latest on MS' catalogue, then have another go at it