Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Vista Premium w/ Aero Memory Requirements

Last response: in Windows Vista
October 3, 2006 7:11:33 AM

Hi There,

Has anyone heard or gotten a feel for the memory requirements yet for Vista Premium with the Aero feature? All I've heard is that Vista will be able to make use of much more memory but that's it, but then again I am NOT in the loop by any stretch. Heck, I'm in the boooonies, as it were. 8) Anyway, what's up?

Best solution

October 3, 2006 11:24:53 PM

Simple google search. Click!

It's a memory hog. I imagine it wouldn't hurt to have a little extra on top of what they require.
October 5, 2006 12:55:00 AM

Quote:
Hi There,

Has anyone heard or gotten a feel for the memory requirements yet for Vista Premium with the Aero feature? All I've heard is that Vista will be able to make use of much more memory but that's it, but then again I am NOT in the loop by any stretch. Heck, I'm in the boooonies, as it were. 8) Anyway, what's up?

Basically, if you run vista, wave goodbye to your fist gig of ram.
I've tried Vista RC1. Trust me, it sucks, and not just because its prerelease. the whole direction of vista sucks. I went back to XP after about 15 minutes. I'll probably move to Linux full-time at some point. More and more games either have proper native linux versions or work under wine or cedega well enough now.
m
l
!