Ai MUCH more deadly at distance! which patch did it?

I've replayed "killdozer" many times and noticed this last time that
I was getting
pounded from MUCH further away. I don't have the distance advantage
I used to.
(kinda glad)

I found that I was fired on by 3 tanks up in the hills that I never
knew were there.
The buggers even shoot through the tree tops. I have to watch and
try to see the
muzzle blast.... and IF I am still alive.... return fire. MUCH
harder mission. :)

Also I was playing "1-21 C Remonstrance.Noe.pbo". There was a sniper
on top of the "courthouse"
(buliding listed as church in the Lipany town square) that shot me
on the hill PAST the radio
tower to the west. *** 809 meters *** acording to "command
view(?)" distance listing.

Snipers alway give me a lot of trouble but Good Grief!!! OUCH.
So just wondering if any know what patch boosted the Ai. (I LIKE IT)

jmc

Is it simply because you increased the view distance?

jmc wrote:

> I've replayed "killdozer" many times and noticed this last time that
> I was getting
> pounded from MUCH further away. I don't have the distance advantage
> I used to.
> (kinda glad)
>
> I found that I was fired on by 3 tanks up in the hills that I never
> knew were there.
> The buggers even shoot through the tree tops. I have to watch and
> try to see the
> muzzle blast.... and IF I am still alive.... return fire. MUCH
> harder mission. :)
>
> Also I was playing "1-21 C Remonstrance.Noe.pbo". There was a sniper
> on top of the "courthouse"
> (buliding listed as church in the Lipany town square) that shot me
> on the hill PAST the radio
> tower to the west. *** 809 meters *** acording to "command
> view(?)" distance listing.
>
> Snipers alway give me a lot of trouble but Good Grief!!! OUCH.
> So just wondering if any know what patch boosted the Ai. (I LIKE IT)

I am not sure if a patch boosted this, last config change was with 191
or earlier even. But since resistance you can change viewdistance and
this boosts ai viewdistance too. Afaik ai viewdistance is something
like 2/3 of your set viewdistance.

If you like stuff like that you should give general barrons ecp test
config a try, he tweaked ai to be a lot better. You can't get it from
the ecp site though, search the official forum for "test ecp config",
should be in ac or ad forum. Those stuff will be incorporated into the
next official ecp version from what he said.
cu,

Markus

Hmm, I'll try to look that up. 800+ m shots take a lot of
adjustment. I've done 700+ and go through
a lot of bullets.
Don't think it is just view distance. I've played with 2000 view
distance before "Resistance" came out
and NEVER been shot at by a sniper Ai beyond 400-500 meters. Being
killed at 809 meters
was a bit of a shock! (and I was prone)

Plus the tanks "starting" an attack at 1500+ meters. Did not use to
happen!
(I have played all the campaigns several times)
They would fire only "after" I started the fight (before what ever
was adjusted).
I just wish they had fixed the aiming ability of the tanks past
approx. 1900 meters.

Past that point they will consistantly shoot short by maybe 100
feet. The only
chance they have past 2000 meters is that I run out of ammo. My best
tank fight
was 2840 or 2940 meters. The tanks are invisible past 3000 meters
regardless of
view distance. :(

Thanks very much!
jmc

"jmc" <noaddress@noaddress.com> wrote in message
> Hmm, I'll try to look that up. 800+ m shots take a lot of
> adjustment. I've done 700+ and go through
> a lot of bullets.
> Don't think it is just view distance. I've played with 2000 view
> distance before "Resistance" came out
> and NEVER been shot at by a sniper Ai beyond 400-500 meters. Being
> killed at 809 meters
> was a bit of a shock! (and I was prone)

I have - many, many times. Usually when I'm out in the open and I've always
kicked myself afterwards. Or, do you mean the "Super AI" setting, where the
AI acquire and fire at you within 2 seconds at obscene ranges with AK's?

> Plus the tanks "starting" an attack at 1500+ meters. Did not use to
> happen!
> (I have played all the campaigns several times)
> They would fire only "after" I started the fight (before what ever
> was adjusted).
> I just wish they had fixed the aiming ability of the tanks past
> approx. 1900 meters.

If the tank is stationary, and has a commander with radar - it can target
other vehicals quite a distance away from itself.

> Past that point they will consistantly shoot short by maybe 100
> feet. The only
> chance they have past 2000 meters is that I run out of ammo. My best
> tank fight
> was 2840 or 2940 meters. The tanks are invisible past 3000 meters
> regardless of
> view distance. :(

Crazy! My view distance would have shot out dead far before then (in
multiplayer a max distance is usually set by the server)

--

Liddle Feesh
*fap fap fap fap*