Sign in with
Your question

PLEAS HELP. My Information bubble dosn't show up anymore.

Tags:
Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
October 18, 2006 3:14:57 AM

Ok.. Hears the problem.

You know when you run your curser over a file on your desk top and then leave it there for about one second, you will have a bubble with information about that file, that will pup up beside your curser. Well my win 2k doesn’t do that anymore and that is a problem with the type of work that I do with my computer.

Dose any body know how I can fix this. Is it just and option that I can turn on or off in windows? Pleas help.

Thanks
October 18, 2006 3:50:53 PM

yep there is

start > settings > control panel > folder options
view tab, one of the last checkboxes "show pop-up description for folder and desktop items"
make sure you check it, apply, ok, shouldn't require a reboot but it wouldn't hurt

if it's already check, uncheck it, save the settings, go back and re-check it again if it's stuck or something in the registry
October 18, 2006 9:22:49 PM

ok...When I got to the folder option, it was already check. So I uncheck it, save and then restarted. Then check it saved and restarted. Unfortunately, it still doesn’t work.

Is this a registry problem? Can I fix it? Or am I going to have to do a reinstall of windows 2k.

Quote:
yep there is

start > settings > control panel > folder options
view tab, one of the last checkboxes "show pop-up description for folder and desktop items"
make sure you check it, apply, ok, shouldn't require a reboot but it wouldn't hurt

if it's already check, uncheck it, save the settings, go back and re-check it again if it's stuck or something in the registry
October 18, 2006 9:59:30 PM

damn...i really wouldn't format over something like that, it might break again
!