When I attempt to run/change screen saver I get a message that active
desktop is not enabled. Neither screen saver nor monitor saver run. Does
Windows XP home use an active desktop and, if so, how does one enable it?

Stuart Dashwood

From XP's Help and Support::

To add Web content to your desktop

1.. Right-click a blank area on the desktop, and then click Properties.
2.. On the Desktop tab, click Customize Desktop.
3.. On the Web tab, click New, and then follow the instructions on your
screen.
Notes

a.. You must be connected to the Internet to add active Web content to
your desktop.
b.. To browse Microsoft's Desktop Gallery Web site, in the New Desktop
Item Wizard, click Visit Gallery. The New Desktop Item Wizard opens when you
click New on the Web tab.
c.. To select a different Web site, type the Web site address, or click
Browse to locate it.
"Stuart Dashwood" <stuart@songhouse.f9.co.uk> wrote in message
> When I attempt to run/change screen saver I get a message that active
> desktop is not enabled. Neither screen saver nor monitor saver run. Does
> Windows XP home use an active desktop and, if so, how does one enable it?
>
> Stuart Dashwood

begin 666 note.gif
AR1HB)(8'<N,7&EJG;JV P4GZ&@D2(";<>HF@,.B)```[
`