Mouse sensitivity problems please help

mi3li3s

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2011
Hello, Toms Community

I have been having mouse problems for the last 3 years. What would happen is, the mouse suddenly becomes "strangely" responsive... It would for instance get stuck and only allow vertical movement, then i have to bash it against my table a few times then after a while it works again for a short while.

I have in the meantime gone through 3 mice this way, all having the same problem... i recently bought a new computer, and the only things i transferred was 2 hardrives, and some software.
I was thinking the program that can cause this is dotakeys (a warcraft 3 hotkey changing program), but dont know how to confirm this. Otherwise i thought one of those hardrives might have a virus on... The only other cause can be windows updates really?

Please help me

Windows Updates would be rectified much sooner than 3 years. I've only know about an Internet Explorer update that caused such a problem but that was a long time ago.... so put your chips on a virus... past or present may have corrupted the mouse driver.

So have you updated the Keyboard/Mouse drivers?, Used a different type mouse (switched from-to PS2<>USB, or used a port adapter)?,... or ever tried the Intellimouse driver? it's know to solve similar mouse problems.

mi3li3s

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2011
Hi Chicano

Thank you for the reply... This is the 4th mouse i have tried. All of these are different types of mice... I have not tried PS2 as i doubt this is the problem because this is a different motherboard and all, and still i have this problems. I tried something new yesterday, i turned off that setting, mouse accileration or something, in control panel. I also ran some fix i found on the net that is suposed to fix mouse lag. Anyone know of these "fixes" and would it help?