How do you delete a home network workgroup?

I have a home network. When I set it up, I could see the other computer on
my computer, but I could not see my computer from the other computer. Then
something happened with Norton Internet Security, now I cannot see either
computer from the other.

I want to start over. I've tried doing the Home Network wizard again on
both computer using the same workgroup name. No luck. Still can't see
either computer in Windows Explorer.

So.... I thought I would delete the workgroup name, and start over creating
a different workgroup name.

How do you delete a workgroup name? I can't see how it's done.

Thanks

You problem(s) probably are in xps firewall,you either need to add a program
in exceptions (IE for sure),and you probably need to add a port in
exceptions.
W/O this,none will work...

"Robert M. Lincoln" wrote:

> I have a home network. When I set it up, I could see the other computer on
> my computer, but I could not see my computer from the other computer. Then
> something happened with Norton Internet Security, now I cannot see either
> computer from the other.
>
> I want to start over. I've tried doing the Home Network wizard again on
> both computer using the same workgroup name. No luck. Still can't see
> either computer in Windows Explorer.
>
> So.... I thought I would delete the workgroup name, and start over creating
> a different workgroup name.
>
> How do you delete a workgroup name? I can't see how it's done.
>
> Thanks

Thanks, but in any case, how do you delete a workgroup?

shaun

Use windows help f1 and type workgroup name and your done.