Simple Question Regarding AMD Next-Gen

jey18

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2007
I have a real quick, simple, and hopefully easily answerable question regarding Barcelona/K10/AMD's next-gen CPU: Do we know what socket it is going to be? I'm sorry I just haven't been able to find it for the life of me. ><

ajfink

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2006
I have a real quick, simple, and hopefully easily answerable question regarding Barcelona/K10/AMD's next-gen CPU: Do we know what socket it is going to be? I'm sorry I just haven't been able to find it for the life of me. ><

It will be socket AM2+. Keep in mind this is compatible with every current AM2 motherboard as well (you will be able to drop them into any current AM2 motherboard with simply a BIOS update), but it will only run at HypterTransport 1.0 (as opposed to the 3.0 in AM2+) and without a few power-saving options. Shouldn't really make a difference.

jey18

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2007
It will be socket AM2+. Keep in mind this is compatible with every current AM2 motherboard as well (you will be able to drop them into any current AM2 motherboard with simply a BIOS update)

That's JUST what I was lookin' for, thank you very much for the quick responses!