Microsoft End Shipments

SKA

Distinguished
Aug 21, 2004
Right on the mark with that one, Dell still isn't shipping their XPS gaming computers with Vista.

thechristopher

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2006
I am currently unaware of any large business rollouts of Vista (In Australia at least). By large I mean 5000 machines or more.

I would be interested to know of any and what there experience was.

My company is one of the largest businesses in this country.

We only have one vista rollout and its in the lab. More than half of our software wont run on vista - period.

We will probably bypass Vista altogether as its not really that great and head for their next offering rumoured to be a couple of years away.

This could backfire for MS. Many old machines wont run vista and not everyone can afford to upgrade.

Linux will get a huge boost out of this.

gomerpile

Distinguished
Feb 21, 2005
I used vista in my small network with 5 computers, using xp2500, xp3200, xp 2600, and an 805. Vcards are 5700 v9999gamers, 7800gs, Make a long story short I'm back to xp. Reason security issues not allowing me to work using my favorite tools, Most games I tried did not work correctly I am assuming since the bata version this has been corrected I assume that is.

SKA

Distinguished
Aug 21, 2004
Were Those a clean install or an upgrade? I've heard nothing but bad things about the upgrade version, also did anyone try an install with the oem version of vista?

RichPLS

Champion
Windows Vienna.
little prick
wallbash.gif
wallbash.gif
wallbash.gif
wallbash.gif
wallbash.gif
wallbash.gif
wallbash.gif
wallbash.gif

wallbash.gif
wallbash.gif
wallbash.gif
wallbash.gif
wallbash.gif
wallbash.gif
wallbash.gif
wallbash.gif

wallbash.gif
wallbash.gif
wallbash.gif
wallbash.gif
wallbash.gif
wallbash.gif
wallbash.gif
wallbash.gif

wallbash.gif
wallbash.gif
wallbash.gif
wallbash.gif
wallbash.gif
wallbash.gif
wallbash.gif
wallbash.gif

wallbash.gif
wallbash.gif
wallbash.gif
wallbash.gif
wallbash.gif
wallbash.gif
wallbash.gif
wallbash.gif

mrmez

Splendid
Well if ppl wont buy your products voluntairly... force them by discountinuing the product they actually like and want.

Same thing will happen with vista. We will be 'strongly encouraged' to use it, then vienna will come out and vista will be shelved asap. WTF? I didnt even want vista to begin with, now i gotta get vienna?

It follows the trend in almost ALL goods we buy. Tv broke? Dont fix it, chuck it out and get a new one. Years ago a product had a much longer life cycle. Today if you get 3 years out of it ur doing well. Why shouldnt OS' be the same?

If MS can make this work expect record profits building up over the next 10 years. Ppl always say Bill Gates is such a big computer nerd, and he will probably be remembered that way. Really tho, he hasnt written ONE decent peice of s/ware. Others have done it for him. He has just employed the right people, has a vision of what products people want, and builds them to a minimun specification, then build in weaknesses so ppl are forced to upgrade frequently.

Forget the nerdyness... hes a business man 110% One of the best we have ever seen.