Hello There,

I downloaded a lot of Addons for OFP and put them into the directories where
they belong. But i heard from a friend, that the game can`t handle too many
addons. how can i fix that? how do you handle the addons? all into the
addons or res/addons folder? different folders?

I have a prog which can "turn out" some addons and so on.. is that a good
way?

I really love ofp and the fact to enjoy always a new game while playing the
same map. I want to use as many addons as possible, so i had to ask this

greetz
--
Timo

Check this out http://www.theavonlady.org/THEOFPFAQ/

"Timo Schindler" <pinsel@uni.de> wrote in message
> Hello There,
>
> I downloaded a lot of Addons for OFP and put them into the directories
where
> they belong. But i heard from a friend, that the game can`t handle too
many
> addons. how can i fix that? how do you handle the addons? all into the
> addons or res/addons folder? different folders?
>
> I have a prog which can "turn out" some addons and so on.. is that a good
> way?
>
> I really love ofp and the fact to enjoy always a new game while playing
the
> same map. I want to use as many addons as possible, so i had to ask this
>
> greetz
> --
> Timo

It all depends on how much RAM your computer has because when you start OFP
it has to load the addon information into the RAM. Usually i just keep my
addons in a seperate folder then when I play an addon mission I move them
all into my addon folder. That way it runs faster, even though my system can
handle the addons, when I play multiplayer.

"Timo Schindler" <pinsel@uni.de> wrote in message
> Hello There,
>
> I downloaded a lot of Addons for OFP and put them into the directories
where
> they belong. But i heard from a friend, that the game can`t handle too
many
> addons. how can i fix that? how do you handle the addons? all into the
> addons or res/addons folder? different folders?
>
> I have a prog which can "turn out" some addons and so on.. is that a good
> way?
>
> I really love ofp and the fact to enjoy always a new game while playing
the
> same map. I want to use as many addons as possible, so i had to ask this
>
> greetz
> --
> Timo

Is the statement about running faster with less addons true?
I've been downloading addons from all over the place just in case I need
them when playing online. If its going to cause me to run slower then
perhaps I need to ditch some (I could do without the disadvantage of
running slower)

It is..

Go to Avon Ladies FAQ, and lookup "MOD" or "modfolder"

--
-
Jan van Zanten, aka NedFox <TZW>
> Is the statement about running faster with less addons true?
> I've been downloading addons from all over the place just in case I need
> them when playing online. If its going to cause me to run slower then
> perhaps I need to ditch some (I could do without the disadvantage of
> running slower)

http://www.uncensored-news.com
<><><><><><><><>

> Go to Avon Ladies FAQ, and lookup "MOD" or "modfolder"

After you read about the mods, use the Killikki OFP Launcher. That way, you
can set up mods with a butt-load of addons, but you can only use the ones
you need for a particular mission or campaign.

"NedFox <TZW>" <neddy@nowhere.com> wrote in news:8a1a5$40f57dbb$3e3aefe0
$2933@news2.zonnet.nl:

> It is..
>
> Go to Avon Ladies FAQ, and lookup "MOD" or "modfolder"

Thanks Ned, now I have to start the process of removing addons, if it ain't
one thing its another :)

You don't need to remove them, just put the various files into mod folders,
ie sebnam into an 'addons' folder in a folder named 'Sebnam'.

Kango<TZW>