Kegetys did it again...

Has anybody else tried Kegetys' Special FX? I just saw the post today on
http://ofp.info. It is REALLY NICE! And I didn't even notice much of a
performance hit.
Check out this thread if you want to learn more or have trouble:
http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin/ikonboard311/ikonboard.cgi?s=d76a058450a893486b031b16b8ede476;act=ST;f=4;t=40962

And here is a direct link to the file:
ftp://www.gamezone.cz/ofpd/unofaddons2/dxdll10.zip

Mathias
a.k.a. Leopard2

unkn2232324

makes ofp look a little nicer and such. but nothing really big and a over
major haul. You just can push ofp so much. The engine is way outdated and
needs a major overhaul. I'll say it's nicer, but not OMG!...

G wrote:
> makes ofp look a little nicer and such. but nothing really big and a over
> major haul. You just can push ofp so much. The engine is way outdated and
> needs a major overhaul. I'll say it's nicer, but not OMG!...
>

> "Mathias Mosinski" <mathiasmosinski@gmx.de> wrote in message
>
>>Has anybody else tried Kegetys' Special FX? I just saw the post today on
>>http://ofp.info. It is REALLY NICE! And I didn't even notice much of a
>>performance hit.
>>Check out this thread if you want to learn more or have trouble:
>>

> http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin/ikonboard311/ikonboard.cgi?s=d76a058450a893486b031b16b8ede476;act=ST;f=4;t=40962
>
>>And here is a direct link to the file:
>>ftp://www.gamezone.cz/ofpd/unofaddons2/dxdll10.zip
>>
>>Mathias
>>a.k.a. Leopard2

I think the water reflections in particular make it a lot nicer. But
that's just me.

Mathias

It makes OFP look a LOT more realistic.

Night vision now looks and works the way it is supposed to, for example.

--Uzi

G wrote:
> makes ofp look a little nicer and such. but nothing really big and a
> over major haul. You just can push ofp so much. The engine is way
> outdated and needs a major overhaul. I'll say it's nicer, but not
> OMG!...

Um yeah, but you're not going to get Far Cry graphics from a 500k addon.

The thing that exites me about OFP is how the game on my HD has changed so much from the original
instal, and the fact that its still the most played game on my box since it came out (2001), and its
still getting support like this.

unkn2232324

Did I say it doesn't compare to like far cry? I don't remember saying that
at all.
Stop putting words into my mouth.

I said it was a NICE addition and that's what it is.

Yes good and nice, OFP is still way outdated the graphics engine.

You still can't max out the resolution and bump up the graphics to the max
and play game. That's almost impossible, no current home PC can do this...

"Sham B" <shamb@easynet.co.ukNOSP> wrote in message
> G wrote:
> > makes ofp look a little nicer and such. but nothing really big and a
> > over major haul. You just can push ofp so much. The engine is way
> > outdated and needs a major overhaul. I'll say it's nicer, but not
> > OMG!...
>

> Um yeah, but you're not going to get Far Cry graphics from a 500k addon.
>
> The thing that exites me about OFP is how the game on my HD has changed so
much from the original
> instal, and the fact that its still the most played game on my box since
it came out (2001), and its
> still getting support like this.

I agree that farcry has some of the best 'eye-candy' around

but as you said... you can't bump the graphics up to max and play the
game... so how do you know what the engine can do??/

I know I don't!!!!

I know for a fact that your card... much less mine can do it

who knows what the engine can do

I know the storms in OFP make most other games look lame

seriously lame

and OFP does ballistics

GR doesn't, RS6 doesn't, Far cry doesn't, etc. etc. etc.

> Did I say it doesn't compare to like far cry? I don't remember saying that
> at all.
> Stop putting words into my mouth.
>
> I said it was a NICE addition and that's what it is.
>
> Yes good and nice, OFP is still way outdated the graphics engine.
>
> You still can't max out the resolution and bump up the graphics to the
max
> and play game. That's almost impossible, no current home PC can do this...
>

> "Sham B" <shamb@easynet.co.ukNOSP> wrote in message
> > G wrote:
> > > makes ofp look a little nicer and such. but nothing really big and a
> > > over major haul. You just can push ofp so much. The engine is way
> > > outdated and needs a major overhaul. I'll say it's nicer, but not
> > > OMG!...
> >

> > Um yeah, but you're not going to get Far Cry graphics from a 500k addon.
> >
> > The thing that exites me about OFP is how the game on my HD has changed
so
> much from the original
> > instal, and the fact that its still the most played game on my box since
> it came out (2001), and its
> > still getting support like this.

unkn2232324

go play deer hunter 2004 or trophy hunter 2003. They have some god storms
int hem and so does Lock On...

"James Siegel" <jamess459@mchsi.com> wrote in message
> I agree that farcry has some of the best 'eye-candy' around
>
> but as you said... you can't bump the graphics up to max and play the
> game... so how do you know what the engine can do??/
>
> I know I don't!!!!
>
> I know for a fact that your card... much less mine can do it
>
> who knows what the engine can do
>
> I know the storms in OFP make most other games look lame
>
> seriously lame
>
> and OFP does ballistics
>
> GR doesn't, RS6 doesn't, Far cry doesn't, etc. etc. etc.
>

> "G" <gcdh@prodigy.net> wrote in message
> > Did I say it doesn't compare to like far cry? I don't remember saying
that
> > at all.
> > Stop putting words into my mouth.
> >
> > I said it was a NICE addition and that's what it is.
> >
> > Yes good and nice, OFP is still way outdated the graphics engine.
> >
> > You still can't max out the resolution and bump up the graphics to the
> max
> > and play game. That's almost impossible, no current home PC can do
this...

> > "Sham B" <shamb@easynet.co.ukNOSP> wrote in message
> > >

> > > Um yeah, but you're not going to get Far Cry graphics from a 500k
addon.

> > > The thing that exites me about OFP is how the game on my HD has
changed
> so
> > much from the original
> > > instal, and the fact that its still the most played game on my box
since
> > it came out (2001), and its
> > > still getting support like this.

got em all G....
you gonna come around TJ's????

been awhile since we saw you there

> go play deer hunter 2004 or trophy hunter 2003. They have some god storms
> int hem and so does Lock On...
>
> "James Siegel" <jamess459@mchsi.com> wrote in message
> > I agree that farcry has some of the best 'eye-candy' around
> >
> > but as you said... you can't bump the graphics up to max and play the
> > game... so how do you know what the engine can do??/
> >
> > I know I don't!!!!
> >
> > I know for a fact that your card... much less mine can do it
> >
> > who knows what the engine can do
> >
> > I know the storms in OFP make most other games look lame
> >
> > seriously lame
> >
> > and OFP does ballistics
> >
> > GR doesn't, RS6 doesn't, Far cry doesn't, etc. etc. etc.
> >

> > "G" <gcdh@prodigy.net> wrote in message
> > > Did I say it doesn't compare to like far cry? I don't remember saying
> that
> > > at all.
> > > Stop putting words into my mouth.
> > >
> > > I said it was a NICE addition and that's what it is.
> > >
> > > Yes good and nice, OFP is still way outdated the graphics engine.
> > >
> > > You still can't max out the resolution and bump up the graphics to
the
> > max
> > > and play game. That's almost impossible, no current home PC can do
> this...
> > >

> > > "Sham B" <shamb@easynet.co.ukNOSP> wrote in message

> addon.

> changed
> > so
> > > much from the original
> since
> > > it came out (2001), and its

unkn2232324

Yeah I have them all. In deer hunter 2004 & trophy hunter, you can crawl
around in the tall grass and it bends when you move threw it. The water
effects look good. As we we're playing it we wonder why OFP couldn't use
that engine...

> got em all G....
> you gonna come around TJ's????
>
> been awhile since we saw you there
>

> "G" <gcdh@prodigy.net> wrote in message
> > go play deer hunter 2004 or trophy hunter 2003. They have some god
storms
> > int hem and so does Lock On...
> >
> > "James Siegel" <jamess459@mchsi.com> wrote in message
> > > I agree that farcry has some of the best 'eye-candy' around
> > >
> > > but as you said... you can't bump the graphics up to max and play the
> > > game... so how do you know what the engine can do??/
> > >
> > > I know I don't!!!!
> > >
> > > I know for a fact that your card... much less mine can do it
> > >
> > > who knows what the engine can do
> > >
> > > I know the storms in OFP make most other games look lame
> > >
> > > seriously lame
> > >
> > > and OFP does ballistics
> > >
> > > GR doesn't, RS6 doesn't, Far cry doesn't, etc. etc. etc.
> > >

> > > "G" <gcdh@prodigy.net> wrote in message
> > that

> the
> > > max
> > this...

> > addon.

> > changed
> > > so
> > since

WRONG, Farcry is capable of ballistics.

"James Siegel" <jamess459@mchsi.com> wrote in message
> I agree that farcry has some of the best 'eye-candy' around
>
> but as you said... you can't bump the graphics up to max and play the
> game... so how do you know what the engine can do??/
>
> I know I don't!!!!
>
> I know for a fact that your card... much less mine can do it
>
> who knows what the engine can do
>
> I know the storms in OFP make most other games look lame
>
> seriously lame
>
> and OFP does ballistics
>
> GR doesn't, RS6 doesn't, Far cry doesn't, etc. etc. etc.
>

> "G" <gcdh@prodigy.net> wrote in message
> > Did I say it doesn't compare to like far cry? I don't remember saying
that
> > at all.
> > Stop putting words into my mouth.
> >
> > I said it was a NICE addition and that's what it is.
> >
> > Yes good and nice, OFP is still way outdated the graphics engine.
> >
> > You still can't max out the resolution and bump up the graphics to the
> max
> > and play game. That's almost impossible, no current home PC can do
this...

> > "Sham B" <shamb@easynet.co.ukNOSP> wrote in message
> > >

> > > Um yeah, but you're not going to get Far Cry graphics from a 500k
addon.

> > > The thing that exites me about OFP is how the game on my HD has
changed
> so
> > much from the original
> > > instal, and the fact that its still the most played game on my box
since
> > it came out (2001), and its
> > > still getting support like this.

I can't seem to get this addon to work properly. I installed it and all the
text becomes fuzzy/blurry and it everything leaves trails like my character
dropped a few hits of LSD. Also when I turn on the nightvision, the black
space around the night vision still has the image of my gun or whatever i
was doing like burned into it. The water works though which is pretty neat.
Oh well, damn GE Force cards always seem to have problems with my games

> I can't seem to get this addon to work properly. I installed it and all the
> text becomes fuzzy/blurry and it everything leaves trails like my character
> dropped a few hits of LSD. Also when I turn on the nightvision, the black
> space around the night vision still has the image of my gun or whatever i
> was doing like burned into it. The water works though which is pretty neat.
> Oh well, damn GE Force cards always seem to have problems with my games

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin/ikonboard311/ikonboard.cgi?s=cc417b366edded91a0bb74831045673b;act=ST;f=4;t=40962;st=210

Turning off glare solved blur apparently.

I had a quick go with the addon yesterday and thought it was technically
impressive but not gonna keep it on just to get some reflections. Anyway,
iirc (not currently on the machine with it on) the nightvision burning in
thing is a known bug and I turned down the glare strength to make the text
crisper - everything's a bit too blurry lens for my liking on the default
settings.

HTH

glare and blur can be corrected by turning off Post Processing