How to set password for shared folder

Is there a way to set password for my shared folder?
2 answers Last reply
More about password shared folder

    Hi Jin,

    WinXP doesn't use passwords in this fashion, though you can set one if you
    compress (zip) it. WinXP relies on a set of permissions to define who has
    access to folders, both locally and on a network.

    How to disable simplified sharing and set permissions on a shared folder in
    Windows XP (Pro only)
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=307874

    HOW TO: Set, View, Change, or Remove File and Folder Permissions in Windows
    XP
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=308418

    --
    Best of Luck,

    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
    Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

    Jin wrote:
    > Is there a way to set password for my shared folder?

    Not without using third-party software, no.

    --
    Gordon Burgess-Parker
    www.gbpcomputing.co.uk

Microsoft Windows XP