How to set password for shared folder

Hi Jin,

WinXP doesn't use passwords in this fashion, though you can set one if you
compress (zip) it. WinXP relies on a set of permissions to define who has
access to folders, both locally and on a network.

How to disable simplified sharing and set permissions on a shared folder in
Windows XP (Pro only)
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=307874

HOW TO: Set, View, Change, or Remove File and Folder Permissions in Windows
XP
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=308418

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"Jin" <Jin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Is there a way to set password for my shared folder?

Gordon

Jin wrote:
> Is there a way to set password for my shared folder?

Not without using third-party software, no.

--
Gordon Burgess-Parker
www.gbpcomputing.co.uk

TRENDING THREADS