Gravity indeed does warp space and time? Einstein Prediction

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaptRobertApril

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2006
http://observer.guardian.co.uk/uk_news/story/0,,2057529,00.html

Could this discovery eventually help future CPU's to warp time and space to actually accept input and compute results while warping time and space to actually speed up results and present them theoretically before they were requested? ;)

Irregardless, good reading...

Well, it's clear (to me at least) that ol' Albert was definitely using the effects of his own theories to write them in the first place. For us to be sitting here almost 100 years later and finally proving that everything he said was spot-on really leads you to wonder just how the hell he figured it all out in the first place, unless he got access to some information that wasn't around yet! That's it! Einstein was a time-traveller! :lol:

ajfink

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2006
The man was just brilliant.

I guess putting a high-gravity well of some sort in/around a PC would speed up time for it, thus making it SEEM faster when it is indeed not. For example, if you had a PC and got a 3Dmark score on it and then also encoded a video clip, and then put it inside a gravity well and did the same thing, the 3Dmark score would be the same but the video encoding would seem to go faster.

CaptRobertApril

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2006

I guess putting a high-gravity well of some sort in/around a PC would speed up time for it, thus making it SEEM faster when it is indeed not. For example, if you had a PC and got a 3Dmark score on it and then also encoded a video clip, and then put it inside a gravity well and did the same thing, the 3Dmark score would be the same but the video encoding would seem to go faster.

But that brings up the obvious thought experiment. Would a 486-25 outperform a QX6800 if the former was travelling at .92C? 8)

Ninjaz7

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2006
"Brilliant,Brilliant I say",Einstein was the result of an alien cross bread with the human species....Dosen't the hair give it away 8O .

CaptRobertApril

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2006
einstein-e-mc2.gif

ajfink

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2006

But that brings up the obvious thought experiment. Would a 486-25 outperform a QX6800 if the former was travelling at .92C? 8)

It could :lol:

ajfink

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2006
It could :lol:

Hey, we might have stumbled on a way for Hector to have the K10 demo murder C2Q on Wednesday. All he needs to do is get the CPU into a spaceship and... :lol:

Does Tunisia have a spaceport?

My flux capacitor can also generate gravitational fields. I'll loan it to them.

Ninjaz7

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2006
I dont mean to double post but Fudd,I always have this gremlin that laughs uncontrolably inside me every other time you post. :lol: I knew that transporter on star trek was always possible. :D

CaptRobertApril

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2006
I always have this gremlin that laughs uncontrolably inside me every other time you post. :lol:

Just every other time? Damn. Gotta work harder! :D

Look, ajfink may be onto something. We know that there are bananas in Tunisia. They allow beer. That's all the fuel that a flux capacitor needs as long as it's connected to a Mr. Fusion! Hector, you're a genius to hire Doc Brown!!! :twisted:

fate0n3

Distinguished
Oct 15, 2006
Rofl hahaha.... It is going to be funny to just look back on all this the C2D and all the new technology and laugh at how we all were talking about how fast it was when we will prolly have watches with faster/more cores then what we have now in our computer. lol

yadge

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2007
First of all, nothing in this article really says that much about time travel itself. They said that is the part they haven't experimented with as much. But they did say that the rotation of the planets is what would cause the space-time warp. Since the planets have so much mass, It has a slightly noticable effect.

You have to put something really extremely heavy into a computer to make it be affected by a space-time warp. Something unrealistically heavy. And If you could get something with enough matter to do this, it would disrupt the planets paths and mess everything up. You would need something with more mass than the Earth has on it. And you would have to make it spin, which you need a great deal of energy.

So pretty much, It's is almost impossible to make a device that would warp space and time.

personally i think einstein is the most overrated person ever. perhaps it is because i do not know enough physics or perhaps it is that i do not believe in time and cannot figure out why light would be so important.

Finally! I haven't ever met anyone that shares my nonbelief in time. Time does not exist. Time is a made up measurement that we use to make sense of the world. It is not a tangible thing. So how can you bend or distort something that is not tangible? It just really doesn't make sense.

I am not very familiar with Einsteins work, so I would not go as far as saying he is overrated. But I do know that his IQ was "only" about 160. It is still high and he was a genious, but usually a genious has an IQ of at least 180.

I would also like to say that all of what I said is just theory. I am only 16. I have not even taken Physics yet in high school. I just have my own theories about how things work, so please do not take what I have said too seriously. I would not like somebody to take what I have said as fact unless I really knew what I was talking about.

I just wanted to give people something to think about.

CaptRobertApril

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2006
Well, first of all, I challenge anyone alive today to forward a physics theory that will be proven correct but only over a hundred years from now. This man was working fifty years before the invention of the slide rule! IMHO: Anyone who criticizes Einstein is broadcasting his own stupidity.

As for time not existing, I published an article about that in the 1980s. It blew the doors off dimensionality in general and postulated the illusion of self-determination in a static universe. It was enthusiastically welcomed by the scientific community of the Baffin Island Chapter Of The Flat Earth Society and sank under the waves without a trace. :cry:

Rripperr

Distinguished
Oct 11, 2006
Einstein is probably one of the most abstract thinkers who has ever lived. I don't think he's overrated, it's just that a lot of his theories are hard to picture and fully understand. Much like quantum theory (And BTW, he was the first scientist to suggest the name quanta to describe the energy transfer between different molecular excitation states).

Einsteins "General Theory of Gravitation", is one of his most profound and yet least understood theories. Basically, it redefines gravity through acceleration and mass. Einstein pointed out the you can not tell the difference between gravity and acceleration in a closed system. He then goes on to explain the connections between acceleration, mass and inertia. He does this in a very elegant, logical, and verifiable way.

Einstein's theory basically binds the universe in a huge 'space/time' tapestry, with the limit being the speed of light (in a vacuum). This important limitation, the speed of light, gives different results than Newton in high-speed/ high-energy situations. It still works like Newton on the smaller/slower scale, but helps to better understand truly galactic events. And also explains small high-speed ones: Scientist noticed early on that certain short-lived, high-speed particles seemed to last longer than they were predicted to. Eventually, it was discovered that this was due to the time-dilation effect of their high speed, as predicted by Einstein. Once the equations were altered to account for the speed (as laid down by Einstein), they fit perfectly.

The other limiting factor in Einstein's theory was mass. Truly massive objects 'bend' the space/time fabric of the universe. Any object that travels through this 'bent' area has it's path likewise 'bent'.

Imagine a trampoline, with a heavy cannon ball near one side. Now imagine rolling a coin, on it's side, in various directions across the trampoline. If the coin rolls close enough to the cannon ball, it will follow the 'bent' fabric and will likewise be redirected, as it tries to follow the 'path of least resistance'. This helps explain both gravitational lensing, where the light of a galaxy is 'split' in 2-3 paths around another galaxy, and black holes, which are so massive that even light can't 'get across'.

CaptRobertApril

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2006
Ripperr... now just think of the world that Albert came up with this stuff in. No computers and a horseless carriage as high tech. And he was doing this on his spare time as he was working at the Patent Office just to keep food on the table. I don't know about anyone else but that just sends shivers up my spine. Einstein was a man out of time or space or anything else we can think of.

yadge

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2007
I started my ideas and theories about time and time travel like probably 10 years ago. I was pretty young. I know for a fact that time travel does not and can not exist. Unless of course there is something I am not thinking of or I do not realize can affect my ideas. I always acknowledge the fact that I really do not know very much, and that although my ideas are logical to me, that does not mean they are undeniably true.

I said earlier that time does not exist, but I still talk about time. Although time does not exist, the idea of time does. There are really two different parts of time. There is a part that you can change and "bend" which I do not believe exists. And then there is the part we talk about and use daily. We can not mix these things up. Really what I talk about is more time travel, which is what I mean when I say time is not tangible. You can make something happen faster or slower, but that is the measurement we use daily. It is not true "time".

I do understand Einsteins work (at least what I've heard of), and I believe what he has said is correct. I believe gravity behaves as he has described it. And I suppose this can warp thing to make things happen faster or slower. I do not know.

I just know that time travel doesn't work. That is what I think of more when I say time doesn't exist. You can't go through time. If time travel ever would exist, we would see people from the future coming back already. Some people say that they wouldn't because we haven't invented it yet, but we can't think of time as a linear thing. It doesn't really even exist. We can't think of ourselves at the fromt of time. All time occurs all the time and we just percieve it as happening linearly.

But of course, there may be a different part to time and it may behave differently than I expect. There is just so much that is unknown about time.

I am sorry about my post. It isn't very clear and organized. I just wrote the things as they came to me, and they might not make a lot of sense. I juse fell like this post is very unorganized, just as my thought were.

Grimmy

Splendid
Feb 20, 2006
To me, Time is just a tool, nothing more, nothing less. In a physical life, we tend to depend on what we call... time.

Is it time to go to werk?

Is it time for breakfast, lunch, or supper?

Is it time to go to bed, or wake up?

So, where were you on the time of the murder?

How much time does it take to cook this 45lb turkey?

When was it the last time you did anything fer me?

ect.. ect.. ect.

CaptRobertApril

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2006
I know for a fact that time travel does not and can not exist.

That is essentially not true, unfortunately. When astronauts go to the space station for a couple of months and return they have actually aged a few seconds more than the rest of us due to the time dilation factor of their speed. That has been proven with superaccurate atomic clocks. The more the speed, the more the dilation. It is within the grasp of our own technology to send an astronaut on a very long space mission and have him return to Earth twenty years later, but to find that everyone he has ever known is long dead.

CaptRobertApril

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2006
To me, Time is just a tool, nothing more, nothing less. In a physical life, we tend to depend on what we call... time.

Is it time to go to werk?

Is it time for breakfast, lunch, or supper?

Is it time to go to bed, or wake up?

So, where were you on the time of the murder?

How much time does it take to cook this 45lb turkey?

When was it the last time you did anything fer me?

ect.. ect.. ect.

We know one thing about the speed of light. It gets here too early in the morning - Alfred E. Neumann. :lol:

Grimmy

Splendid
Feb 20, 2006
the lifespan of your bodies atoms obey the laws of time and physics. Time is more than a state of mind.

Errr..

What about certain kids that are born with a rare condition, that causes them to age very fast?

The condition doesn't have to do with time, but genetics? So to me, time is not exactly more then a state of mind.

What about a normal life span, but a person dies before that time? Certainly the laws of time will not help that person.

To measure something that is over 100 years old, is really hard to comprehend, especially if it has lasted over a billion years. :lol:

And while you dream, do you keep track of time? In that state of mind, its only in your mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.