Remote desktop + line-in sound..

prince_vegeta

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2006
Ok i can't find what im looking for on the net, so im hoping someone here mite be able to help me!
I have a feed coming through the line-in jack on my windows xp machine that i would LIKE to be able to hear over RDP but can't. i was reallly hoping someone may have had this problem and fixed it, or no of some sorta work around. i can play alll other sounds fine. i can record the feed and play it back no problems, but can't listen to it live which i need to be able to do.
any suggestions would be great :!:
muchly appreciated :D

fattony

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2006
what application are you using to listen to the line-in sounds?
i'm guessing your normal playback works fine through RDP sound redirection?
i guess you can always test it with remote desktop client 5.2 instead of 5.1, see if there is a difference

prince_vegeta

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2006
yeah all normal sounds work fine. its a microphone for monitoring, and it plugs into the line-in/mic-in.
is RDP client 5.2 not inbuilt into XP Pro Sp2? is there away of telling which ver of RDP i have installed?
i have a work around atm. i have this free internet radio program that takes the line-in and streams it over the net. quite simple, but with a 10second delay. ill see if thats a buffing thing i can change in WMP. it would be good though if i could linsten to it over RDP though, cause i still need to go in and view a few things at the same time.
thanks for the help.

MikeMiller

Distinguished
Oct 15, 2009
Ok it's been over three years since this problem was posted and I have the same problem. Has there been any solution for this? RDP 5.2 certainly doesn't fix it...

At this point I'm so desperate I'd be willing to actually pay for software to make it work (but I'd need to hear from someone who knows firsthand that it works)...