Please help me by running this benchmark in linux!

Mephistopheles

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2003
A few colleagues of mine are a little skeptical about the Core 2 Duo. They've used Athlon 64s extensively, so they've come to like A64s, but I've told them that C2Ds are the way to go right now in almost all cases.

So to prove my point, I would very much appreciate it if any of you guys could take this pre-compiled statically linked linux binary and execute it. It's simple stuff, really: it does a series of (obviously harmless to you!) calculations and then returns the time it took to finish. The calculations themselves are a mix of typical code from my colleagues, which makes this an adequate representation of their performance requirements.

So let's get to it:
Here's the binary! (NOT a virus, don't worry)

...and I've scored 43.5 seconds with my Athlon 64 X2 4400 on an Asus A8V-MX and 2x512MB of generic-brand DDR-400 (too lazy to check)!!

If possible, I'd like anyone who runs this to say on which CPU + motherboard + memory this was executed on!!

Oh, and sorry for not making the source available - they've told me not to do so. I'll also see if I can compile a windows version of this small benchmark to get more results.

Thank you!!

linux_0

Splendid
Not to say that we don't trust you, but why not provide the source so that we can recompile with appropriate compiler flags?

I completely agree!

bmouring makes a great point!

Without source we cannot compile / optimize for the different architectures so the results from your binary are pretty meaningless.

It would be a much better idea to use standard Linux benchmarks like LINPACK, tiobench, iozone, kernel compile and others that you have source for.