Language problem!

havoc

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2004

Hi there!

I have another problem with OPF (thanks for NedFox and Sham BL:).
So, my copy of OPF is Polish version, but I want to change this language to
English.
In stringtable.csv file Polish words are overwrite on English. (but it was
deleted).
Now, I have a original file from English version of this game, and some
in-game textes are English (in menu,weapon names,commands) ,some Polish.
When I change language in flashpoint.cfg for example to German or French,
all textes are in that language.
So,my question : What I must do ,to play a full English version
(please,don't say "buy english version")? What are names of language
files?Can somebody send and help me?

Thanks...

havoc2k4@wp.pl

The language is hardcoded into the executables.. You can see this when you
have players from other countries on your server, where the death-messages
etc are localized.

Apart from the stringtable.csv there is nothing (IMHO) you can do. So the
answer really is : Buy the English version.
BtW, Goty English is really cheap these days !

--
-
Jan van Zanten, aka NedFox <TZW>
> Hi there!
>
> I have another problem with OPF (thanks for NedFox and Sham BL:).
> So, my copy of OPF is Polish version, but I want to change this language
> English.
> In stringtable.csv file Polish words are overwrite on English. (but it was
> deleted).
> Now, I have a original file from English version of this game, and some
> in-game textes are English (in menu,weapon names,commands) ,some Polish.
> When I change language in flashpoint.cfg for example to German or French,
> all textes are in that language.
> So,my question : What I must do ,to play a full English version
> (please,don't say "buy english version")? What are names of language
> files?Can somebody send and help me?
>
> Thanks...
>
> havoc2k4@wp.pl

Would installing a mod such as FDF make any difference?

Kango<TZW>

"NedFox <TZW>" <neddy@nowhere.com> wrote in message
> The language is hardcoded into the executables.. You can see this when you
> have players from other countries on your server, where the death-messages
> etc are localized.
>
> Apart from the stringtable.csv there is nothing (IMHO) you can do. So the
> answer really is : Buy the English version.
> BtW, Goty English is really cheap these days !
>
> --
> -
> Jan van Zanten, aka NedFox <TZW>
> -
> A lecture is a process where information is passed from the notebook of
the
> lecturer to the notebook of the student without necessarily passing
through
> the minds of either.
> -
> "Havoc" <havoc2k3@wp.pl> schreef in bericht
> > Hi there!
> >
> > I have another problem with OPF (thanks for NedFox and Sham BL:).
> > So, my copy of OPF is Polish version, but I want to change this language
> > English.
> > In stringtable.csv file Polish words are overwrite on English. (but it
was
> > deleted).
> > Now, I have a original file from English version of this game, and some
> > in-game textes are English (in menu,weapon names,commands) ,some Polish.
> > When I change language in flashpoint.cfg for example to German or
French,
> > all textes are in that language.
> > So,my question : What I must do ,to play a full English version
> > (please,don't say "buy english version")? What are names of language
> > files?Can somebody send and help me?
> >
> > Thanks...
> >
> > havoc2k4@wp.pl

FDF is uncompressed replacements of all kind of phrases and words.. Every
instance of a soldier has it's own "one two three".
I guess the 'normal' games has this compressed, and maybe into some files,
but I don't know which ones they are..

Still: Why should there be an English, a French and a Polish version if it
only depended on language files? Nah, I don't think you have a chance in
'converting' a foreign game into English.

--
-

NedFox <TZW> wrote:
> FDF is uncompressed replacements of all kind of phrases and words.. Every
> instance of a soldier has it's own "one two three".
> I guess the 'normal' games has this compressed, and maybe into some files,
> but I don't know which ones they are..
>
> Still: Why should there be an English, a French and a Polish version if it
> only depended on language files? Nah, I don't think you have a chance in
> 'converting' a foreign game into English.

I'm getting someone to buy me a czech version of OFP, it's cheap enough
to be worth it (I currently have the european version).

--
luc wastiaux

Havoc wrote:

> Hi there!
>
> I have another problem with OPF (thanks for NedFox and Sham BL:).
> So, my copy of OPF is Polish version, but I want to change this
> language to English.
> In stringtable.csv file Polish words are overwrite on English. (but it
> was deleted).
> Now, I have a original file from English version of this game, and
> some in-game textes are English (in menu,weapon names,commands) ,some
> Polish. When I change language in flashpoint.cfg for example to German
> or French, all textes are in that language.
> So,my question : What I must do ,to play a full English version
> (please,don't say "buy english version")? What are names of language
> files?Can somebody send and help me?

If you could send me a list of the md5sums of all files i could tell you
which differ from the europaen version and could maybe even make a
download available to you.
cu,

Markus