Language problem!

Hi there!

I have another problem with OPF (thanks for NedFox and Sham BL:).
So, my copy of OPF is Polish version, but I want to change this language to
English.
In stringtable.csv file Polish words are overwrite on English. (but it was
deleted).
Now, I have a original file from English version of this game, and some
in-game textes are English (in menu,weapon names,commands) ,some Polish.
When I change language in flashpoint.cfg for example to German or French,
all textes are in that language.
So,my question : What I must do ,to play a full English version
(please,don't say "buy english version")? What are names of language
files?Can somebody send and help me?

Thanks...

havoc2k4@wp.pl
5 answers Last reply
More about language problem
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.operation-flashpoint (More info?)

    The language is hardcoded into the executables.. You can see this when you
    have players from other countries on your server, where the death-messages
    etc are localized.

    Apart from the stringtable.csv there is nothing (IMHO) you can do. So the
    answer really is : Buy the English version.
    BtW, Goty English is really cheap these days !

    --
    -
    Jan van Zanten, aka NedFox <TZW>
    > Hi there!
    >
    > I have another problem with OPF (thanks for NedFox and Sham BL:).
    > So, my copy of OPF is Polish version, but I want to change this language
    > English.
    > In stringtable.csv file Polish words are overwrite on English. (but it was
    > deleted).
    > Now, I have a original file from English version of this game, and some
    > in-game textes are English (in menu,weapon names,commands) ,some Polish.
    > When I change language in flashpoint.cfg for example to German or French,
    > all textes are in that language.
    > So,my question : What I must do ,to play a full English version
    > (please,don't say "buy english version")? What are names of language
    > files?Can somebody send and help me?
    >
    > Thanks...
    >
    > havoc2k4@wp.pl

  2. Archived from groups: alt.games.operation-flashpoint (More info?)

    Would installing a mod such as FDF make any difference?

    Kango<TZW>

    "NedFox <TZW>" <neddy@nowhere.com> wrote in message
    > The language is hardcoded into the executables.. You can see this when you
    > have players from other countries on your server, where the death-messages
    > etc are localized.
    >
    > Apart from the stringtable.csv there is nothing (IMHO) you can do. So the
    > answer really is : Buy the English version.
    > BtW, Goty English is really cheap these days !
    >
    > --
    > -
    > Jan van Zanten, aka NedFox <TZW>
    > -
    > A lecture is a process where information is passed from the notebook of
    the
    > lecturer to the notebook of the student without necessarily passing
    through
    > the minds of either.
    > -
    > "Havoc" <havoc2k3@wp.pl> schreef in bericht
    > > Hi there!
    > >
    > > I have another problem with OPF (thanks for NedFox and Sham BL:).
    > > So, my copy of OPF is Polish version, but I want to change this language
    > > English.
    > > In stringtable.csv file Polish words are overwrite on English. (but it
    was
    > > deleted).
    > > Now, I have a original file from English version of this game, and some
    > > in-game textes are English (in menu,weapon names,commands) ,some Polish.
    > > When I change language in flashpoint.cfg for example to German or
    French,
    > > all textes are in that language.
    > > So,my question : What I must do ,to play a full English version
    > > (please,don't say "buy english version")? What are names of language
    > > files?Can somebody send and help me?
    > >
    > > Thanks...
    > >
    > > havoc2k4@wp.pl

  3. Archived from groups: alt.games.operation-flashpoint (More info?)

    FDF is uncompressed replacements of all kind of phrases and words.. Every
    instance of a soldier has it's own "one two three".
    I guess the 'normal' games has this compressed, and maybe into some files,
    but I don't know which ones they are..

    Still: Why should there be an English, a French and a Polish version if it
    only depended on language files? Nah, I don't think you have a chance in
    'converting' a foreign game into English.

    --
    -
    "RobertJM" <robert@rockNObottomSPAM.plus.com> schreef in bericht
    > Would installing a mod such as FDF make any difference?
    >
    > Kango<TZW>
    >
    > "NedFox <TZW>" <neddy@nowhere.com> wrote in message
    > > The language is hardcoded into the executables.. You can see this when
    you
    > > have players from other countries on your server, where the
    death-messages
    > > etc are localized.
    > >
    > > Apart from the stringtable.csv there is nothing (IMHO) you can do. So
    the
    > > answer really is : Buy the English version.
    > > BtW, Goty English is really cheap these days !
    > >
    > > --
    > > -
    > > Jan van Zanten, aka NedFox <TZW>
    > > -
    > > A lecture is a process where information is passed from the notebook of
    > the
    > > lecturer to the notebook of the student without necessarily passing
    > through
    > > the minds of either.
    > > -
    > > "Havoc" <havoc2k3@wp.pl> schreef in bericht
    > > > Hi there!
    > > >
    > > > I have another problem with OPF (thanks for NedFox and Sham BL:).
    > > > So, my copy of OPF is Polish version, but I want to change this
    language
    > > > English.
    > > > In stringtable.csv file Polish words are overwrite on English. (but it
    > was
    > > > deleted).
    > > > Now, I have a original file from English version of this game, and
    some
    > > > in-game textes are English (in menu,weapon names,commands) ,some
    Polish.
    > > > When I change language in flashpoint.cfg for example to German or
    > French,
    > > > all textes are in that language.
    > > > So,my question : What I must do ,to play a full English version
    > > > (please,don't say "buy english version")? What are names of language
    > > > files?Can somebody send and help me?
    > > >
    > > > Thanks...
    > > >
    > > > havoc2k4@wp.pl

  4. Archived from groups: alt.games.operation-flashpoint (More info?)

    NedFox <TZW> wrote:
    > FDF is uncompressed replacements of all kind of phrases and words.. Every
    > instance of a soldier has it's own "one two three".
    > I guess the 'normal' games has this compressed, and maybe into some files,
    > but I don't know which ones they are..
    >
    > Still: Why should there be an English, a French and a Polish version if it
    > only depended on language files? Nah, I don't think you have a chance in
    > 'converting' a foreign game into English.

    I'm getting someone to buy me a czech version of OFP, it's cheap enough
    to be worth it (I currently have the european version).

    --
    luc wastiaux
  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.operation-flashpoint (More info?)

    Havoc wrote:

    > Hi there!
    >
    > I have another problem with OPF (thanks for NedFox and Sham BL:).
    > So, my copy of OPF is Polish version, but I want to change this
    > language to English.
    > In stringtable.csv file Polish words are overwrite on English. (but it
    > was deleted).
    > Now, I have a original file from English version of this game, and
    > some in-game textes are English (in menu,weapon names,commands) ,some
    > Polish. When I change language in flashpoint.cfg for example to German
    > or French, all textes are in that language.
    > So,my question : What I must do ,to play a full English version
    > (please,don't say "buy english version")? What are names of language
    > files?Can somebody send and help me?

    If you could send me a list of the md5sums of all files i could tell you
    which differ from the europaen version and could maybe even make a
    download available to you.
    cu,

    Markus

CSV Games Video Games