Need help with booting up Windows

shogunboy

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2006
If you are going to hate me, because I used a piriated Windows Sp1, then leave me and my misery alone.

Alright, it all started when I tried to get my Sound Blaster Live! drivers installed, it said that it couldn't find it (even though its on one of my PCI x1 slot. So when I turned it off, I switched the soundcard to another port. After booting up normally, it gave me the opinion when you changed hard or software things. I press enter, and then it froze. Now I don't now if its just booting very slowly, but I decided to try to reformat my computer with the provided piriated windows copy. When I got in, as it was going to load up windows, it just froze also. I tried many attemps, but it came out the same result. I'm wondering if there is a way I can fix this problem (besides getting a real copy to install it with).

I'm going to see if I can use linux to replace the windows, then use the same windows to install it, so that at lease I don't lose the good 150 GB hard drive.

If specs are needed, I will try my best to summerize what I have.
AMD Athlon +3400
nVIDIA FX 5200 graphic card
soundblaster Live! 24-bit
3 hard drives that total about 400 GB
A DVD burner that is made by LG
An unknown PSU that works
And two 80mm fans.

bacis

Distinguished
May 29, 2005
hi.
did you try to reinstall windows after that?
reformat and make new installation.
are yo sure that copy of windows is working?

shogunboy

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2006
For my brother, yes it does. I'm trying to see if I can install it on another HD. Otherwise, I'm also going to try if I can install linux, and then replace that with windows (same one).