Audigy and xp problem

smartel7070

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2006
When my computer boots the sound out of my sound card is very low. I fix it by going into SB mixer and resetting the speaker choice (5.1). Anyone else have this problem and know of a fix ? I went on Creative's website but found nothing on that problem.

Thx !

i've seen it happen before, first uninstall all of the drivers and the card, reboot the system without the card present, then shut it off. then reinstall the card, and reinstall the drivers. should fix it. if it doesn't, try downloading a different set of drivers for the card, preferably newer.

smartel7070

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2006
I've tried all of those things believe me ... this card was in three different mobos (asus p4b-533,Asus A8n-e and present mobo) and same problem on them all. So I've had this problem since I bought the card in 2002. I can live with it but today I got curious and wanted to see if anyone in here had a fix for it. So I guess I'll live with the problem until I get a new sound card wich should be before the end of the year.

Thx for the reply.

Orion63

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2007
Did you reformat between motherboards? Sometimes you can delete the ENUM key in the registry when you swap mobos and get away with not reformatting the HD. What I'm getting at is that a virus or viscious program can hose your system and mess with your registry. Just recently my Audigy card stopped working. Reinstalling the drivers got it to work for a few seconds, then my system acted like it wasn't there. I found a Windows registry cleaner had got itself installed and got past my AVG - apparently inadvertantly downloaded by a certain person using my computer (not me). That program actually hosed my registry enough that I had to reformat, reinstall windows - then my Audigy has been performing flawlessly.

just something to think about

forsayken

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2005
Hey.

I have an Audigy as well on my XP system. I think it's just a bug in the drivers that no one bothered to fix. I've been dealing with it for years (I think on 3 completely different systems). It sucks but it only takes a second to fix. But just imagine the time wasted by having to do this every time you turned your system on or reboot...