Please help!!! Monitor displaying everything Very yellowi..

Fozzy

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2004
Monitor is displaying everything very Yellowish and really bright,

P4 HT 2.9
Abit A-17 Mobo
1 gb ram
7600 xfx AGP latest driver
Windows XP latest updates
Sceptre 22 Gamer

Was working fine this morning and about to reload windows completly, Please I need a response, I can't get information on this anywhere, and the problem pursists w/ 60-somehundred GFX card also...

Fozzy

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2004
OKay.....tried a different monitor, and problem pursited. Thanks for the response everyone... any other ideas?? :D

warshez

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2007
have you tried swapping the vga cable from a working system. If this doesnt work try booting the pc in vga mode to reset all the video settings. If this doesnt work i think you need to change your video card

Fozzy

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2004
SOB....The first time this happened it was w/ a 6200 OC BFG, figured it was a bad product, but now that this happened w/ my 7600 XFX......I don't know whats going on....my only hope is to jump out a window and slit my throat to lmit the suffering.... :D J/k but seriously WTF...

Fozzy

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2004
Yeah... It's seated good and BTW I forgot to mention it's yellowish at 880 by 600 and VERY distorted at at any other setting to the point of being unreadable... again thanks for ur help guys.....looks like I have a malfunctiong GFX card...Guess I'll get in touch and see how their C.S. is...I've only had this GFX for about 3 months.....a real shame... :?

darkguset

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2006
Drivers?
Clean?
Boot in safe mode? Still does it?
New VGA? (probably your vio chip on the VGA has gone to the VGA heaven - or hell for that matter - lol)
Try a new VGA on and see.

Fozzy

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2004
I'm using DVI....I don't have another system to ck the graphic card on.... I'm gonna give XFX a call and hopefully get some good customer service.... I don't care if they rplace the card I just want them to see how this thing is functioning for themselves... Thanks for the responses everyone...I'll keep u posted untill I come to a solution..

rammedstein

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2006
sorry to say this but your monitor cable is stuffed dude. always happens, should be able to get a replacement easily though. one of the wires has broken inside the cable, usually reall close to the plug, between the giant hunk of iron and the plug.it is the single most stressed part of the cable, it is almost assured to break.

Fozzy

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2004
Never heard of that.... But it makes sense....I'll buy a newcable and have a chance to try it tommorow night....Thanks for taking the time to post a response...I'll let u know my results as as i can... :D ..Thanks again...

Fozzy

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2004
If anyone's still interested..... Tried GFX card on another computer w/o a problem...and tried another hard drive w/ xp on problem system; and proplem pursisted.....so I came to conclusion that AGP slot on abit mobo is malfunctioning..... to solove the problem I order AROCK mobo w/ AGP and PCI-E port w/ Pentium 640.... :) Thanks again for the help....