Nvidia SLI Zone Rig of the Month April

billdcat4

Distinguished
Nov 14, 2006
http://www.slizone.com/object/slizone_rotm_april07.html

Full Name: Richard Surroz
Handle: DarthBeavis

Rig’s Name: Hellmouth

Richard did us a great favor by summarizing the background behind his latest mod, so we’re going to let him take it from here:

According to Wikipedia:

“Hellmouths are places of increased supernatural energy. According to the mythology of the "Buffyverse", this is the area in which the barriers between dimensions are weak. The Hellmouth has a focal point which serves as a portal between earth and at least one hell dimension. For these reasons, the Hellmouth attracts demons and other supernatural creatures, becoming a "hot spot" for supernatural activity.”

And if you didn’t already guess that Ricahrd is a “Buffy” fan….

The axe on the top of the rig a replica of the scythe Buffy used to defeat the Uber Vamps in the last season. Richard primarily uses this rig as his home theater PC (HTPC) - it is connected to and Xbox 360 HD DVD unit – but we’re guessing it can also hold its own quite well when put to the test with some of today’s hottest games…

Congrats Richard, and enjoy your reign on the "Rig of the Month" page this April!

THE SPECS:
Motherboard: SLI-Ready EVGA nForce 680i
Benchmarks: Highest 3dmark06 is around 17500 @ 4.2 ghz.
GPUs: 2X BFG Tech GeForce 8800GTX graphics cards
Case: Custom Mountain Mods 22" Cube built around Vapochill and 12" Elo TouchScreen LCD monitor
Cooling: Danger Den waterblocks on each GPU, Thermochill PA 120.3 Rad with 6 SilenX fans in push/pull, plus 7 other SilenX Fans mounted throughout the case
CPU: Intel Core2 Duo X6800 on stock Vapochill LS
Memory: 4 gigs OCZ 1066 RAM
Hard Drives: 750 gig Seagate

Notable: All windows laser etched by MountainMods, case painted by Smooth Creations

april07_image44.jpg

april07_image43.jpg

april07_image42.jpg

april07_image38.jpg

april07_image37.jpg

april07_image36.jpg

april07_image35.jpg

april07_image34.jpg

april07_image33.jpg

april07_image32.jpg

april07_image31.jpg

This is a pretty big award. We have at least one recipient of this award on our forum: Chuckshissle.

Check it out, its got 14 fans...[/img]

enforcerfx

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2006
Yeah, I saw that on slizone. Its pretty insane. Looks like the UFO X-Case from Xoxide.com, only modded better. Lots of cables however though. Hopefully when i finish my new build, it'll get high hits on slizone. :)

billdcat4

Distinguished
Nov 14, 2006
And that rig is only his HTPC. You should see his gaming-optimized rig:

Quad Intel Quad Core all Overclocked to 7.9ghz w/ black hole generators

2.56terabytes DDR4 RAM Liquid Nitrogen Cooled 5000mhz

32 x ATI HD 2900XTX 1gb each with 2 Aseteck Vapochill that are cooled by 4 Peltiers that in turn are cooled by a 5000gallons per second watercooling rig

12x 1.2Petabyte HDs in RAID 0+1+5+10-4x3 24k rpm

Bluray/ HD-DVD Combo Burner that can UPCONVERT bluray+hd-dvd to Quad Full HD 3840x2400

a 400" Quad Full HD Laser Plasma

and a Private PowerPlant to power all this...... what does it run on? Why $100 bills of course; by the truckload.

my god...

billdcat4

Distinguished
Nov 14, 2006
That's a nice rig, put my one and a half year old system to shame. :D

LOL @ billcat4

SLI has nothing against Xfire's 32 theoretical devices.

Oh, and that rig isnt loud, isnt quiet, isnt absolutely noiseless, its NEGATIVE 20 dBA, it sucks sound out of the air around it.

mwahahaha

tool_462

Distinguished
Jun 19, 2006
Back when I had my Abit NI8 SLI (2 months ago or less) I got a reply email saying if I "borrowed" another 7800GT and took some pics of my case with two Nvidia cards in it, I would be "Rig of the Month" sometime this summer.

Too bad I never got around to it. That case is pretty sweet though, messy wiring but the mod is wicked.

billdcat4

Distinguished
Nov 14, 2006
Back when I had my Abit NI8 SLI (2 months ago or less) I got a reply email saying if I "borrowed" another 7800GT and took some pics of my case with two Nvidia cards in it, I would be "Rig of the Month" sometime this summer.

Too bad I never got around to it. That case is pretty sweet though, messy wiring but the mod is wicked.

I remember you posting those pics a month ago or so.

Post em again on this thread :)
I remember that PQI RAM, oh and those custom hard drive mountings with bungee cords right?

good memory

chuckshissle

Splendid
Feb 2, 2006
I think you should do it and post your rig for next month. As far as the other card well, you can get one from bestbuy and install it, take pics and scan for sli proof then viola!

tool_462

Distinguished
Jun 19, 2006
That was my plan chuck, but I have a Gigabyte DS3 in there now and the wiring is all done nicely so I dont want to mess with it. If a prize were given I would think more about it...is there a prize? I didnt see anything about one.

Gratz on winning btw, I wasn't aware. What UV dye do you have in your water? I'm thinking my (slightly) UV blue tubing would look cool with a green or red UV core.

Here is my case with the Abit mobo in it.

chuckshissle

Splendid
Feb 2, 2006
Your case looks pretty bad ass and your water cooling system as well. Maybe I'll get a wooden case myself to match my furnitures.

I'm just using the green UV dye from Swiftech. It used to be clear but the pump is at silent move I could tell if it's running by looking that's why I added the dye later on.

tool_462

Distinguished
Jun 19, 2006
Yeah my pump is on slow mo too, saw only a 1C drop in temps when raising it up and the added vibration/stress wasn't worth it.

I am ordering some UV dye right now, along with some new Geil memory :)

PM if you decide to build a case, since posting that I've gotten about 200 emails and a few dozen PMs asking for dimensions, help with their cases, and ideas. So I would gladly offer what I can.

TRENDING THREADS